Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valis I remake as an RPG

Go down 
+2
Valis
Antifarea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifarea
Ordinary Soldier
Antifarea

Male Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Pixel Art, Coffee, Tea, Yuenglins, Music, Movies, Anime, Game development, Videogames...
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Valis I remake as an RPG Empty
PostSubject: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeMon 08 Sep 2008, 3:55 am

Hi everyone, well, first of all, apologies for now being able to do this post until 24 hours from the time I say I was going to... I have been very busy lately, not only with personal/social life, but also, I have a couple of projects unfinished in RPGMAKER and I have been trying to finish those games, among fixing a bunch of other stuff I need to do... but still, I do really want to make a valis fan-made Action-RPG, I'm sure I can do this fast, but I can't start doing it at this very moment, cause of games I have on the way that I must finish.

Well, even though I like the valis series and always had a thing for the story line/anime designs, I don't know anything at all about the true story behind the whole series, aside from what I know from the games... I have been reading a lot about the entire story, so I know exactly what to do next, and how to do it... so this will take me a little bit, once I get things in order for myself haha.

As for the RPG, I will be making all the character sprites/animations/etc... but there will be a lot of rips as well, from the original game, in order for me to keep the nice old school feeling of it. The music, if I'm not wrong, all the tunes have been remade in the arranged OST, but I don't remember if it's for Valis II or Valis I... The game will have similar mechanics, only that the travelling will look more like zelda (or action rpgs) instead of platform... I will feature RPG elements such as leveling up, among other stuff around.

Well, I need to know what you think of this, what you would like to see in it, I need details, that can help make this the best way as possible...
Back to top Go down
http://www.antifarea.com/
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 11:04 am

I must say that you are one of the Holy Grails for this forum. I dreamed of an rpg of Valis. I wish Telenet could have thought of this idea instead or the horrid hentai version. Man! Now i can rest peacefully.
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Antifarea
Ordinary Soldier
Antifarea

Hobbies : Pixel Art, Coffee, Tea, Yuenglins, Music, Movies, Anime, Game development, Videogames...

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeFri 12 Sep 2008, 11:30 am

hey thanks for replying... well, I'm a little bit dissapointed no one else made their input onto this idea yet... I have to first beat valis I, and I will have to observe the game, also I have to think what kind of action-rpg system will be the most suitable too... and how I can develop that engine using rm2k3, since there is no scripting, just raw eventing Sad But I do know it's possible... afro
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeFri 12 Sep 2008, 12:44 pm

this is gonna be awsome Very Happy

what about storyoutline? do you have something in your mind?
and what about the characters? will you use new original characters, or will you use the official characters?

since it's an RPG game, I would love to see more of elemental stuff happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 5:30 pm

Hi, sorry for delay... I've been too Damn Busy... tired + mad

I have always dream of seeing more Valis Games...
an RPG will be so Amazing... so, I'd really enjoy playing it...
you can count on my support... althought I'm not very useful... heh-heh
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
Antifarea
Ordinary Soldier
Antifarea

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:10 pm

Sorry I got to this very late haha... I am not going to remake any of the valis... I was thinking of it, but after hearing about the remakes in the Turbo Duo ones (some of them actually originated from that system instead of sega genesis/snes) I changed my mind... that, and I'm not sure if I'll have the time anymore.

Making a valis fangame wouldn't be bad however... I am going to be developing an engine for rpgmaker VX that is similar to an action rpg, not soo complex, but it will feature most basics.

I might release the engine to the public or I'll use it in a game that I'm planning to make in 2009... it all depends... The engine will be similar to the valis engine I was planning for this valis 1 remake game I had in mind... I'll get back at you guys on this, I'll start it tonight, and check what It's possible to be done in rpgmaker VX, if not I'll use rpgmaker2k3.
Back to top Go down
Silent_Protagonist
Admin
Silent_Protagonist

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:41 pm

When you say "action-rpg" do you mean like Legend of Zelda, or even a platformer like Castlevania: X of X?
Back to top Go down
XAhsoYuko
Vecanti Soldier

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 4:40 am

Silent_Protagonist wrote:
When you say "action-rpg" do you mean like Legend of Zelda, or even a platformer like Castlevania: X of X?

Exile, and Ys' would also be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valis I remake as an RPG   Valis I remake as an RPG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valis I remake as an RPG
Page 1 of 1