Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This anime...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifarea
Ordinary Soldier
Antifarea

Male Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Pixel Art, Coffee, Tea, Yuenglins, Music, Movies, Anime, Game development, Videogames...
Registration date : 2008-09-01

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:06 pm

Hey, there is this anime that I found while reading some anime reviews on this one site. You guys might probably have seen it, it's called Leda: The fantastic adventures of Yohko. From what the guy says in the review, this was made before the Valis series... it looked interesting so I just watched it on youtube.

The videos (subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBIsBbh1Cfg&feature=PlayList&p=2FA4184CE828D955&index=0

that's part 1 out of 8 (part A), but right next to it the rest is there.

and here is the review:

http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=170

Well, have you seen it? what do you think? I know valis77 has, I saw his comments in the last part haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antifarea.com/
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:47 pm

Genmu Senki Leda, yep, a nice anime, I like it, but "Leda no senshi/Leda's warrior"? "Ashanty"? Many coincidences.

Anyway, I guess to buy it, I never see the last parts on YouTube (you know, I have 56K...) geek
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 3:41 am

I've watched it, maybe just a month ago.

my opinion, I like the graphic and I like the beginning and how things get thrilling. the first part is really good, but the rest parts are really boring and silly.

the only similarity with Valis could be the name Ashanty(like Vecanti), Leda (like Lena), Leda's armor (that look like Lena's armor, maybe meh), and she escaped to that world just like Reiko.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
ZeLoz (akaBill)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 10:24 pm

Actually, I thought Leda's armor looked like Reiko's armor, just without the skirt.

And speaking of similarities, Yoko's world and Ashanti were once connected in the past. If I remember correctly, the human world and Dreamworld were once connected too, in the distant past. Also, has anyone else noticed that the anime's title art looks a lot like Valis' jpn title. The storyline seems very similar too, with the ordinary school girl falling into a fantasy world mysteriously, only to find that she's been destined to save said world from a dark lord who uses robot-like minions. Coincidence? Or was Valis desended from something other than old sci-fi novels?
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 3:42 pm

Quote :
Actually, I thought Leda's armor looked like Reiko's armor, just without the skirt.

All Valis ladies' armors look alike razz lol!
well.. you're right, her armor is more like Reiko's, but I wanted to say, her face is so much like Lena happy

Quote :
And speaking of similarities, Yoko's world and Ashanti were once connected in the past. If I remember correctly, the human world and Dreamworld were once connected too, in the distant past.

scratch wtf when/where is this told? in the manuals? I can't seem to remember they were connected in the past meh

Quote :
Also, has anyone else noticed that the anime's title art looks a lot like Valis' jpn title.

yeah, that's something so right happy
not just the title art, but also the title name itself, see:

Fantasic Adventure of Yohko, Leda
and
Legend of Fantasm Soldier, Valis (the first Valis game title)

there is somekind of connection between Leda and Valis, I believe meh maybe.. same story writer meh

Quote :
The storyline seems very similar too, with the ordinary school girl falling into a fantasy world mysteriously, only to find that she's been destined to save said world from a dark lord who uses robot-like minions. Coincidence?

not really
most of Rogles' minions are beasts. Megas' minions were the ones robotic
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009, 6:42 pm

evilReiko wrote:
scratch wtf when/where is this told? in the manuals? I can't seem to remember they were connected in the past meh

Well, after looking at the translation for the Valis IV manual on this site, it seems that I may have been mistaken. The Valis IV manual mentions a time when the world was called "Gaia." Question is, what world? I may have taken that as a hint that there may have been a united world sometime in the past. Also, I think Pce Valis III's animated prologue may have had something to do with my conclusion.

evilReiko wrote:

Fantasic Adventure of Yohko, Leda
and
Legend of Fantasm Soldier, Valis (the first Valis game title)

there is somekind of connection between Leda and Valis, I believe meh maybe.. same story writer meh

Well, I'm not exactly sure if both English titles are true to their original Japanese titles. Nevertheless, the Japanese titles also somewhat sound similar...
Genmu Senki Leda (Record of the "Genmu" War: Leda)
and
Mugen Senshi Valis ("Mugen" Warrior: Valis)

But, once you think about it, these 3-part Japanese titles are quite common in Japanese shows. Kidou Senshi Gundam, Bishojou Senshi Sailormoon, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuuranger, and Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru (Keith Courage was an anime in Japan, TurboYuko16) are a few notable examples.

And you may be right about that writer, but I'm thinking maybe it was just inspiration. Of course, and this may sound far fetched, but Valis might have originally meant to be a media tie-in for this anime early in production, but made into a totally original game later on. I mean, the original PC-88 version wasn't that great, much like a real video game based on a movie/anime/manga/cartoon/whatever. I might be completely wrong on this, but it doesn't seem too odd if you ask me...

It all depends on how far apart these two were released.

evilReiko wrote:

not really

Well, Rogles did kinda have a robotic-sounding voice (when he had a voice). And Megas wasn't the only one with robotic minions. Didn't Zalude (Valis III) have a robotic stage with robotic enemies and even a robotic body? Gyeda (Valis I) looked pretty robotic too.
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009, 11:34 pm

I remember seeing first seeing Leda fan-subbed long ago at an anime club held at a library where I lived. I later rented the commercial VHS tape when it came out in the states. Sadly, no one has ported it on DVD as of yet. Otherwise, I thought it was a good anime.

Anyway, on to business. What a Face

ZeLoz (akaBill) wrote:

Well, after looking at the translation for the Valis IV manual on this site, it seems that I may have been mistaken. The Valis IV manual mentions a time when the world was called "Gaia." Question is, what world? I may have taken that as a hint that there may have been a united world sometime in the past. Also, I think Pce Valis III's animated prologue may have had something to do with my conclusion.

Perhaps Gaia = Earth (or, as the Dreamlanders call it, "Reality")?

Either that, or perhaps long ago, our world and Dreamland were once connected somehow, as you might suggest. And the connected world was called "Gaia"?

Quote :

Well, I'm not exactly sure if both English titles are true to their original Japanese titles. Nevertheless, the Japanese titles also somewhat sound similar...
Genmu Senki Leda (Record of the "Genmu" War: Leda)
and
Mugen Senshi Valis ("Mugen" Warrior: Valis)

Well, I just kind of want to point out that according to Jeffrey's Japanese<->English Dictionary, "Mugen" could mean "Fantasy" or "Dream". So in other words it would be "Fantasy (or Dream) Warrior (or Soldier) Valis". (Sorry, I just wanted to point it out. )Embarassed

Quote :
But, once you think about it, these 3-part Japanese titles are quite common in Japanese shows. Kidou Senshi Gundam, Bishojou Senshi Sailormoon, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuuranger, and Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru (Keith Courage was an anime in Japan, TurboYuko16) are a few notable examples.

Perhaps the Japanese think the number 3 is a lucky number, which is why several titles tend to be three words? (I don't really know that for sure, but I know the number 4 is considered to be bad luck in Japan, like the number 13 is in the English culture.)

Quote :
And you may be right about that writer, but I'm thinking maybe it was just inspiration. Of course, and this may sound far fetched, but Valis might have originally meant to be a media tie-in for this anime early in production, but made into a totally original game later on. I mean, the original PC-88 version wasn't that great, much like a real video game based on a movie/anime/manga/cartoon/whatever. I might be completely wrong on this, but it doesn't seem too odd if you ask me...

It all depends on how far apart these two were released.

I wonder if Leda and Valis shared the same character designer (or at least, had someone that was on both design staffs)? Then again, I believe there was a lot of "sword-wielding, metal bikini-clad heroines" running around in anime and video games at the time, so I don't know. scratch

One was likely to have at least inspired the other.

Quote :

Well, Rogles did kinda have a robotic-sounding voice (when he had a voice). And Megas wasn't the only one with robotic minions. Didn't Zalude (Valis III) have a robotic stage with robotic enemies and even a robotic body? Gyeda (Valis I) looked pretty robotic too.

True, in the Genesis version of Valis 3, Zalude had a robotic stage (in the Turbo/PC Engine version, it was a desert, if my memory serves).

Anyway, perhaps the Dark World is a pretty technological realm, which makes it sort of an antithesis of the Dream World (a magical realm)?

Besides many of the Generals, Kings, and minions of the Dark World having robotic bodies, Megas had some sort of laser gun-thing in the Japanese computer versions of Valis 2, which he used to attack Valia. So it is pretty evident that the Dark World is indeed a sort of an "advanced" civilization.
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009, 7:17 pm

evilReiko wrote:

not really

iannafei wrote:

ZeLoz (akaBill) wrote:
True, in the Genesis version of Valis 3, Zalude had a robotic stage (in the Turbo/PC Engine version, it was a desert, if my memory serves).

Anyway, perhaps the Dark World is a pretty technological realm, which makes it sort of an antithesis of the Dream World (a magical realm)?

Besides many of the Generals, Kings, and minions of the Dark World having robotic bodies, Megas had some sort of laser gun-thing in the Japanese computer versions of Valis 2, which he used to attack Valia. So it is pretty evident that the Dark World is indeed a sort of an "advanced" civilization

well.. I didn't say Rogles didn't have robotic minions, I said most of them are non-robotic monsters heh-heh (so Yes I agree, Rogles had some robots wink ), Megas and Glames also had some as well.

but the idea we're arguing here, is comparing Valis to Leda. the evil minions of Leda are all robots, have you noticed? even the herione weapons and accessories are mechanical/robotic, unlike Valis, am I mistaken heh-heh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This anime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This anime...   This anime... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This anime...
Page 1 of 1