Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fausseté Amour

Go down 
+2
RayguardKnight (SS7)
evilReiko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 6:29 am

This game seems to be another underrated Valis-like game for the PCE from 1993 Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpgmt8HISA

I think it's a very interesting game. Anyone knows how to get this game (from torrent or some other place)?

Fausseté Amour Pcefausette
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 10:25 pm

evilReiko wrote:
Anyone knows how to get this game (from torrent or some other place)?

EDIT: The link I posted earlier was the wrong one ugh !! Try this instead. This link is for an mpc rip... so you need to use the included extractor to get the CUE.

Looks like a pretty interesting game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 12:14 pm

Thanks alot SuperSailor7 Very Happy

well.. I'm a noob in converting/burning files heh-heh

I tried using PowerISO but it can't read the .cue file meh (I tried it with and without using the extractor.exe)

I tried also Alcohol 120% (again, with and without using the extractor.exe), it could read the .cue file and shows the tracks inside the .cue file, but it fails when I try to burn it meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 1:50 pm

I know what you mean evilReiko, as I was going to attempt to burn this.

Fausseté Amour 589264_3940_front

That was quite some years ago, and it sounded waaaay to complicated. But get this, I at first wasn't interested in the PSP yet, until I heard about Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and I got a PSP, and then Maverick Hunter X a little later. So I collected a few games here and there, and then, what new title do I hear about next?

Fausseté Amour 938141_84501_front

Needless to say, I was excited when I heard about this, and the fact it had the original Rondo of Blood! Or Chi no Rondo as it is called in japan. At any rate, Rondo of Blood, is also available on the Wii Virtual Console. Though at the moment, only for Japan Wii owners, but there is thing you can download onto the wii, that enables it to access the Japan only section, but I haven't done that.

And there is word that it is finally coming out to the US, and will be available for download on other consoles as well. Or so it said I think. Anyway, long story short, Fausette Amour will probably become downloadable for Wii purchase at some point.

Too bad there isn't a downloadable version like all the Valis games on that site you showed me evilReiko. sad
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 3:14 pm

evilReiko wrote:
Thanks alot SuperSailor7 Very Happy

well.. I'm a noob in converting/burning files heh-heh

I tried using PowerISO but it can't read the .cue file meh (I tried it with and without using the extractor.exe)

I tried also Alcohol 120% (again, with and without using the extractor.exe), it could read the .cue file and shows the tracks inside the .cue file, but it fails when I try to burn it meh

I don't know. If you want to play the game on PC, all you need to do is run the extractor then mount the CUE with Daemon Tools Lite. Ootake and Magic Engine both seem to run the game fine.

I wouldn't know about burning the game. However, a quick Google search brought this up:

1emulation.com wrote:
Simply download nero go into file/open and select the file type to open as cue sheet, then simply click on the cue sheet in whatever folder you have all the files in and burn.
another website wrote:
"From ISO/CUE/WAV
Most important is the ISO file, which contains the actual game, PSG sounds, etc. The WAV files, naturally, contain the ADPCM audio tracks. You can create a playable disc without the WAV files - sans awesome music.
Track 1 contains the format warning notice. Track 2 is the game ISO. Track 3, and beyond, contain the game's audio tracks. Finally, the last track on the disc may contain a duplicate of the ISO, added to improve seek times, followed by a leadout track. This second ISO track is typically found in NEC's Super CD ROM line of games.
For proper burning of a TG-16/PCE CD-ROM, you need a CUE sheet to instruct the burning software with the proper in/out points for the audio tracks."

Don't know if it works though. It's interesting anyway (always wondered why there were TWO isos in these wav rips).
Back to top Go down
SuperDeadite
Daydreaming Soldier
SuperDeadite

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 3:35 am

I love FA. Great game. Doesn't play like Valis though. Starts easy, but gets really difficult towards the end. Really weird but cool music, and the same character artist as Girl's Bravo. Anyway I own an original copy, if you need a fresh clean iso (none of that mp3 garbage), PM me and I can rip it without any quality loss. Smile I also have an original Drac X too if needed.

Edit, all pce games have 2 isos. This is because pce cds have 2 data tracks. (always track #2 and the final track). PCE cds came before the "data cd standards" were developed, it's a custom NEC format.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/superdeadite

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 12:58 pm

Hey! Haven't seen you in awhile! Very Happy

And you mean, you can give us the isos, that don't need to be burned onto disk, and can be played on an emulator? Or do we still need to burn them?
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 7:47 pm

Mega Man model T 101 wrote:
Hey! Haven't seen you in awhile! Very Happy

And you mean, you can give us the isos, that don't need to be burned onto disk, and can be played on an emulator? Or do we still need to burn them?

Well technically, I don't think you need to burn a PCE iso in any case since it can be mounted with software like Daemon Tools Lite, as I mentioned, which is pretty much equivalent to having a physical CD in the drive. (BTW, if you install Daemon tools, make sure you untick the boxes for the toolbar and other unwanted stuff it tries to install.)
Back to top Go down
SuperDeadite
Daydreaming Soldier
SuperDeadite

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

Yes I own the original disk. And would be happy to make a 1:1 iso. Most of pce torrents you'll find are very old images, most have downsampled audio. I can make a fresh one with turrent tech so it's a perfect image with perfect audio. You can then run an emulator, or burn for a console. As I said, just PM me if you want it.
Back to top Go down

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 9:06 pm

I would like to play the Original Dracual X. So this version you would email, or post or what ever, would even be able to run on a laptop without a CD drive? Cause my laptop doesn't have one.

So which Emulator would I get? I would like one that plays in a window if possible.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 10:24 pm

Use Magic Engine... you only must have Daemon Tools Lite to load the CUE file, run the emulator (yes... can play it in a window) I play some PC-Engine Super CD games...

-Akumajou Dracula - Chi no Rondo/Castlevania Rondo of Blood (bah, I have this game and Symphony of the Night in my PSP on the Dracula X Chronicles ISO...)
-Cosmic Fantasy 2
-Double Dragon 2 The Revenge
-Mugen Senshi Valis The Legend of A Fantasm Soldier
-Priggan
-Shadow of the Beast
-Valis 2
-Valis 3
-Valis 4
-Valis Visual Colection

I know, there's a bit of games, but well, I only have 56K of inet connection... anyway, the Valis and Castlevania games I'm also play it on the XBox with Mednafen PCE.
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm

And you're talking about the old Xbox right? I only got a 360. But still, thanks for the info. Just need the Isos for the games, without having to put up with the MP3 turning into wave hogwash.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 11:08 pm

Here, Akomajou Dracula X:

http://romhustler.net/roms/pcengine/a

Look at the bottom of the web, there's the parts of the entire game (be careful with those publicity...) Just convert all the MP3 into WAV and you must modify the CUE file changing MP3 words to WAVE.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 12:34 am

And you're talking about the old Xbox right? I only got a 360. But still, thanks for the info. Just need the Isos for the games, without having to put up with the MP3 turning into wave hogwash.

Well for Castelvania, here's the plain no-nonsense CUE-BIN dump (no downsampling either from what I understand):

Part 1
Part 2

Put them in the same folder and extract part1 with 7zip or Winrar (part2 will follow automatically).

There's also the partial English translation (it was really incomplete though -- only 30% translated I think): Part 1 Part 2

Source:
Spoiler:

And of course for the Fausetté Amour link I provided earlier, the extractor.exe does the conversion work for you.

Happy gaming.

EDIT: Man that Dracula X intro scene is something else.
Back to top Go down
SuperDeadite
Daydreaming Soldier
SuperDeadite

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:17 am

The problem is that those old converted images sound like shit Razz Most of them are quite old, the audio files were converted to mp3s, because back in those days, everyone was on dialup. Sure they are playable, but the music is one of the best features of pce-cd games. Compressing it to mp3 and then converting it back again to wave just kills the quality and defeats the whole purpose really. Being the silly perfectionist that I am, I only play originals, but that's just me. Cool

Anyway I've ripped both games with TurboRip (the only real pce ripper, as it actually checks the TOC data, and is the only way to make perfect 1:1 rips of the strange non-standard PCE data sectors). Only thing is that they are about 500mbs each. Just need a place to upload, and they are yours.
Back to top Go down

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 7:11 pm

Question, does anyone know of a Magic Engine emulator, that doesn't cost money? Neutral
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 7:42 pm

Question, does anyone know of a Magic Engine emulator, that doesn't cost money? Neutral

You mean a free PCE emulator? Yeah, Ootake. I mentioned it earlier. I think I'll PM you on this one though.

SuperDeadite wrote:
The problem is that those old converted images sound like shit Razz Most of them are quite old, the audio files were converted to mp3s, because back in those days, everyone was on dialup. Sure they are playable, but the music is one of the best features of pce-cd games. Compressing it to mp3 and then converting it back again to wave just kills the quality and defeats the whole purpose really. Being the silly perfectionist that I am, I only play originals, but that's just me. Cool

Anyway I've ripped both games with TurboRip (the only real pce ripper, as it actually checks the TOC data, and is the only way to make perfect 1:1 rips of the strange non-standard PCE data sectors). Only thing is that they are about 500mbs each. Just need a place to upload, and they are yours.

I know and I agree with you. Personally I don't usually notice enough difference to bother me though, although I do try to pick up better quality isos whenever possible simply because I want these games to be preserved in their original form.

As for filehosting services, personally I've never used them for my own files, but I would advise against Rapidshare since it imposes a lot of annoying limitations on non-paying users. I guess the best filehosting services (for the downloader anyway) are Megaupload and Mediafire, that I know of. Also I think that Megaupload has an upload limit of 1GB, but I may be wrong (Mediafire has 200MB I think, but you can always split your file in three parts).
Back to top Go down

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 7:51 pm

Really? Thanks, I would like it if you PM it to me, along with the intruction on how to Open the games and such with it.
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 7:56 pm

Really? Thanks, I would like it if you PM it to me, along with the intruction on how to Open the games and such with it.

Links sent. As for instructions... better wait till you have the iso and the other stuff you need, no? Cool You can PM on that once you have the stuff.
Back to top Go down
SuperDeadite
Daydreaming Soldier
SuperDeadite

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 8:07 am

Back to top Go down
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Fausseté Amour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fausseté Amour   Fausseté Amour Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 7:32 am

evilReiko wrote:
This game seems to be another underrated Valis-like game for the PCE from 1993 Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpgmt8HISA

I think it's a very interesting game. Anyone knows how to get this game (from torrent or some other place)?

Fausseté Amour Pcefausette

LOngPLay of the actual game