Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions Empty
PostSubject: Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions   Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

*Begin rant*

Probably most of you are not big Sonic fans, but I just tried the Sonic 4 demo on PS3, and my goodness, does this thing feel like an Atari tech demo programmed by an amateur.

Why does Sonic stop instantly the minute you let go of the D-pad? Why does the homing attack NOT give you speed but rather cause you to lose your momentum completely? Why are the mechanics a shambles?

All they had to do was adapt the exact mechanics of Sonic Adventure 2 to 2D, and bingo, you would have a perfect implementation of what they were *presumably* trying to accomplish with this non-sequel.

Anyone else have an opinion? Anyone bought the full game and can testify that it's actually good? Maybe the full game is alright, but I have no intention of buying it after what I just played...

Looks like a bunch of regress rather than progress.Razz

*End rant*

Last edited by SuperSailor7 on Sat 16 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wasn't clear this was a rant; I don't want to freak anyone out XD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions   Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 4:24 pm

SuperSailor7 wrote:
Probably most of you are not big Sonic fans, but I just tried the Sonic 4 demo on PS3, and my goodness, does this thing feel like an Atari tech demo programmed by an amateur.

Why does Sonic stop instantly the minute you let go of the D-pad? Why does the homing attack NOT give you speed but rather cause you to lose your momentum completely? Why are the mechanics a shambles?

All they had to do was adapt the exact mechanics of Sonic Adventure 2 to 2D, and bingo, you would have a perfect implementation of what they were *presumably* trying to accomplish with this non-sequel.

Anyone else have an opinion? Anyone bought the full game and can testify that it's actually good? Maybe the full game is alright, but I have no intention of buying it after what I just played...

Looks like a bunch of regress rather than progress.Razz

Sounds like they need to work on it abit more on it...well that's what demos are for. You play it, find all the bugs that the developer left in and hope they fix it when the real game comes out Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions   Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 9:20 pm

Judging by Gamespot's review, doesn't look like the full game really fixes the demo's problems.

At any rate, my first post was a rant, and I should have made that clearer Embarassed. I'll update it to clarify that. On the other hand, this thread is just for anyone to post their opinions (or anything else) about Sonic 4, good or bad, since it's getting a lot of attention right now... I guess that includes rants if necessary Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions   Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic 4 (PS3/XBox 360/iPhone) impressions
Page 1 of 1