Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RyIII
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
RyIII

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Empty
PostSubject: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

So, it appears Sony's new handheld, the Playstation Vita, is going to get an Ys game right off the bat with Ys: Celceta No Jukai.

Trailer

This will actually be a remake of Ys 4, much like how Oath in Felghana was a remake of YS III- it will also have the distinction of being the first version of Ys 4 to actually be developed by Falcom, as the TCD version was developed by Hudson Soft, the SNES version by Tonkinhouse, and the PS2 remake of the SNES version by Taito. Given that all of the latest PSP Ys games have been ore are being localized, this one actually has a pretty good chance of making it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RiflemanIII
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

RyIII wrote:
So, it appears Sony's new handheld, the Playstation Vita, is going to get an Ys game right off the bat with Ys: Celceta No Jukai.

Trailer

This will actually be a remake of Ys 4, much like how Oath in Felghana was a remake of YS III- it will also have the distinction of being the first version of Ys 4 to actually be developed by Falcom, as the TCD version was developed by Hudson Soft, the SNES version by Tonkinhouse, and the PS2 remake of the SNES version by Taito. Given that all of the latest PSP Ys games have been ore are being localized, this one actually has a pretty good chance of making it.

eee eee eee eee
I love the Ys series and seeing this---I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
RyIII
RyIII

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

Yeah- I'm still looking to somehow play the TCD release of Ys 1 and II, not the least of which because it's probably the first game localized in English to extensively use professional voice actors.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

I wonder if this Ys IV remake storyline is going to be based on Dawn of Ys or Mask of the Sun's Storyline. I've seen CornShaq's Play it Though of Dawn of Ys which was great. I still don't know why DoY isn't canon---seems like it should be scratch .
Back to top Go down
RyIII
RyIII

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

Lord Adrian wrote:
I wonder if this Ys IV remake storyline is going to be based on Dawn of Ys or Mask of the Sun's Storyline. I've seen CornShaq's Play it Though of Dawn of Ys which was great. I still don't know why DoY isn't canon---seems like it should be scratch .

Likely two things-

1. Hudson Soft did a couple of things that Falcom wasn't especially fond of in Dawn of Ys's story, such as the flash-forward at the end where it implies that Adol settled down, where Falcom has always played Adol as essentially the eternal adventurer.

2. Falcom had other plans for continuing the story of the Eldeen, as we see in Ark of Napishtim, and Mask of the Sun's story fit those better than Dawn of Ys.

If Oath and Ys Eternal are any indication, however, they'll base it on Mask of the Sun, but add new twists and/or expansions into the story.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 11:57 pm

RyIII wrote:

Falcom had other plans for continuing the story of the Eldeen, as we see in Ark of Napishtim, and Mask of the Sun's story fit those better than Dawn of Ys.

I've never seen Mask of the Sun but I do like the idea that Adol stays a bachelor and enternal adventuer better. I think CornShaq said in his Ys IV DoY PiT that he'll do Mask of the Sun but I don't think the story is going to be any different other then it won't suggest Adol settling down at the end.

However I would love to see Ys V: Kerkin Lost City of Sand and see when Adol meet Terra.
Back to top Go down
RyIII
RyIII

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 7:04 am

Lord Adrian wrote:

I've never seen Mask of the Sun but I do like the idea that Adol stays a bachelor and enternal adventuer better. I think CornShaq said in his Ys IV DoY PiT that he'll do Mask of the Sun but I don't think the story is going to be any different other then it won't suggest Adol settling down at the end.

However I would love to see Ys V: Kefin Lost City of Sand and see when Adol meet Terra.

Mask of the Sun may seem to use the same characters and basic setup, but the actual story as it develops is quite different.

As for Ys V, AGTP seems to be getting close to finishing their translation patch.
Back to top Go down
RyIII
RyIII

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

More Ys news. Ys: the Oath in Felghana recently got an English Steam release, and Ys: Origin will follow at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)   Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ys: Celceta no jukai (and Ys general, really)
Page 1 of 1