Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ssfsx17
Daydreaming Soldier


Number of posts : 44
Age : 32
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Tue 10 Jul 2007, 1:28 am

I've beaten El Viento but cannot even beat the first boss of Annet Futatabi. Even so, I definitely reccomend these games to Valis fans.

Also: was I the only one who noticed that these games were made by Wolfteam, who would later go on to do Tales of Phantasia? And that the composer for Annet Futatabi is clearly Motoi Sakuraba, the guy who did Valkyrie Profile's music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yahoo.com/
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 516
Age : 39
Location : Back on the Reddish Moon....
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Wed 11 Jul 2007, 7:06 am

I've never tried this game...

I always thought it was created by fans... Rolling Eyes

where can I find it? pirat

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Valis won't die... 'cause Warriors can't be stopped!
_________
If there's a heaven...
I'll be there, fighting togheter the bravest Valis Warriors... Forever
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.com/
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Thu 12 Jul 2007, 1:54 am

ssfsx17 wrote:
I've beaten El Viento but cannot even beat the first boss of Annet Futatabi. Even so, I definitely reccomend these games to Valis fans.

Also: was I the only one who noticed that these games were made by Wolfteam, who would later go on to do Tales of Phantasia? And that the composer for Annet Futatabi is clearly Motoi Sakuraba, the guy who did Valkyrie Profile's music?

I played all of then but not beaten ernest evans. You need to play the stand alone PC Engine CD Valis and Dracula X games.

Go to www.romhustler.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1051
Age : 31
Location : Darkest region of DarkWorld
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Thu 12 Jul 2007, 6:38 am

I never played any of them Razz

but, I have seen alot of pictures, and alot of fans talk about them.

I guess I need to try it. But, time is really not with me Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.evilreiko.com/
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Thu 12 Jul 2007, 9:00 am

Thats why i love sega CD and wolfteam,and telenet games. They always have those unique game people overlook. Maybe i guess they don't think they make good remakes. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
DarkWolf
School Student


Number of posts : 5
Age : 32
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 20 Jul 2007, 8:36 pm

I have a legit copy of the Mega CD version of Earnest Evans. The cutscenes are cool, but I never really cared for the gameplay. It would be nice if someone could translate the voice tracks since it would shed some more light on the El Viento story line. I haven't played Annet Futatabi yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garoux.net
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Wed 25 Jul 2007, 9:41 am

DarkWolf wrote:
I have a legit copy of the Mega CD version of Earnest Evans. The cutscenes are cool, but I never really cared for the gameplay. It would be nice if someone could translate the voice tracks since it would shed some more light on the El Viento story line. I haven't played Annet Futatabi yet.

Annet fututabi? Uh...you need to play it because it rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
PopfulMail
School Student
avatar

Number of posts : 7
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Sat 08 Mar 2008, 5:40 am

I have own the Sega Genesis versions of Valis, Valis III, and El Viento. those games does have entertaining anime sequence to it. That's the reason why I want that on my Sega Genesis collection. ^^ I will be showing off my Genesis, SNES, and GBA collection on Youtube soon. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thesrs.deviantart.com
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 311
Age : 31
Location : Nowhere
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 10 Mar 2008, 1:59 am

I have El Viento ("The Wind"? what a strange name for a game Razz) and Annet Futatabi games emulated on PC and X-Box, and I say Annet Futatabi rocks! But some enemies are cheap... in some times Annet never stands from the ground... indeed and the bosses are easy to beaten (run, jump and kick)... excluding the final boss. XD

I only finished Annet Futatabi... El Viento is a bit difficult for me. Oops

Valna wrote:
Thats why i love sega CD and wolfteam,and telenet games

Then you play Time Gal, right? Extemely Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 10 Mar 2008, 2:23 am

yeah that is the stratagy for beating enemies and bosses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 351
Age : 33
Location : NYC
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 10 Mar 2008, 9:36 pm

I can see that I'm going to need a USB controller...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 10 Mar 2008, 11:01 pm

The Red Spectra wrote:
I can see that I'm going to need a USB controller...
Get the universal one
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 351
Age : 33
Location : NYC
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Wed 12 Mar 2008, 1:35 am

Valna wrote:
The Red Spectra wrote:
I can see that I'm going to need a USB controller...
Get the universal one

I bought a $20 Logitech today. It's great for MAME and okay for NeoRage, however, on the SNES emulator I use, it's a little awkward because you can't program the diagonal directions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Wed 12 Mar 2008, 6:40 am

The Red Spectra wrote:
Valna wrote:
The Red Spectra wrote:
I can see that I'm going to need a USB controller...
Get the universal one

I bought a $20 Logitech today. It's great for MAME and okay for NeoRage, however, on the SNES emulator I use, it's a little awkward because you can't program the diagonal directions.

Thats easy if your using the snesx9 then toggle the diagonal option. As for the sega emulator,use Gens+ to solve that problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 311
Age : 31
Location : Nowhere
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Sat 15 Mar 2008, 7:49 pm

I recently played Earnest Evans, some BG music are great!... but I hate Earnest when I look how knows Annet... ugh ugh ugh ugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Sat 15 Mar 2008, 9:32 pm

Besides Valna, Annet Belongs to me? mad Besides why did the american made him the son of Annet when there adventures are in the same timeline....im so confused. heh heh Besides play the Sega Cd version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 351
Age : 33
Location : NYC
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 17 Mar 2008, 9:03 pm

Valna wrote:
The Red Spectra wrote:
Valna wrote:
The Red Spectra wrote:
I can see that I'm going to need a USB controller...
Get the universal one

I bought a $20 Logitech today. It's great for MAME and okay for NeoRage, however, on the SNES emulator I use, it's a little awkward because you can't program the diagonal directions.

Thats easy if your using the snesx9 then toggle the diagonal option. As for the sega emulator,use Gens+ to solve that problem.

It took a while doing that, but, yeah, thanks.

Also, I played El Viento last night. It's a pretty solid game. Can't wait to dive into it more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Mon 17 Mar 2008, 10:18 pm

The Red Spectra wrote:
Also, I played El Viento last night. It's a pretty solid game. Can't wait to dive into it more.

So have you beaten it? If so play the sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
avatar

Number of posts : 38
Age : 109
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 09 May 2008, 1:50 am

Hey I used to have El Viento on Genesis. Well for a short time, I did beat it a bunch of times. I remember once you get some highest power that are like homing rays, you can just annihilate the last boss. But the Valis games on Genesis, there was a slow down of the text, which made the cinemas so slow, it was funny. I think it was because they didn't reprogram the text speed, they just replaced the Japanese characters with the alphabet. That kind of ruined those games for me, esp Valis 3.

Although on Genesis, Alisia Dragoon was better, if you never played it, you should. No anime sequences, but still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 09 May 2008, 2:02 am

Reel wrote:
Hey I used to have El Viento on Genesis. Well for a short time, I did beat it a bunch of times. I remember once you get some highest power that are like homing rays, you can just annihilate the last boss. But the Valis games on Genesis, there was a slow down of the text, which made the cinemas so slow, it was funny. I think it was because they didn't reprogram the text speed, they just replaced the Japanese characters with the alphabet. That kind of ruined those games for me, esp Valis 3.

Although on Genesis, Alisia Dragoon was better, if you never played it, you should. No anime sequences, but still.

and Syd of valis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
avatar

Male Number of posts : 181
Age : 29
Location : Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 09 May 2008, 11:03 am

Valna wrote:
Reel wrote:
Hey I used to have El Viento on Genesis. Well for a short time, I did beat it a bunch of times. I remember once you get some highest power that are like homing rays, you can just annihilate the last boss. But the Valis games on Genesis, there was a slow down of the text, which made the cinemas so slow, it was funny. I think it was because they didn't reprogram the text speed, they just replaced the Japanese characters with the alphabet. That kind of ruined those games for me, esp Valis 3.

Although on Genesis, Alisia Dragoon was better, if you never played it, you should. No anime sequences, but still.

and Syd of valis.

Syd was my first Valis game. Then I got the first one a couple days later and realized just how much Syd paled in comparison. I still love it, though. :3

I've beaten El Viento several times. I think the last couple levels are annoying, but once you get the drill down, none of the bosses are actually that difficult. Here's a quick tip for those of you who still have problems in El Viento:

Tip: Use the water spell on the boss in Stage 3 until all the outer things are gone, then use your boomerangs to cut a hole just big enough for your fire spell to hit the last one on its way around the front.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.2ch.net
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
avatar

Number of posts : 38
Age : 109
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 09 May 2008, 8:15 pm

Ah yes, Syd of Valis was a cute game, you could change your SD Yuko to different outfits, but you know why I sort of hate it? It kept the real Valis 2 out, with it's awesome music. I think Valis 2 has the more awesome music from all of the Valis games, acts 4 & 5 especially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.com
ChronoBall X
School Student
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7
Age : 34
Job : Cartoona,Anime,Video games,Computers,Comics Drawling,Sprite comics,Making AMVs
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Wed 20 May 2009, 5:38 am

BTW,to let you guys know,there was a short japanese only manga of el viento which ran in a japanese gaming magazine to promote the game,I have scans of this on my youtube account,check it out

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RushingFighterAlpha3
Valis
Administrator/Founder
avatar

Male Number of posts : 999
Location : Dreamland of Valis
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   Fri 22 May 2009, 10:26 pm

ChronoBall X wrote:
BTW,to let you guys know,there was a short japanese only manga of el viento which ran in a japanese gaming magazine to promote the game,I have scans of this on my youtube account,check it out


Oh thats my friends video that he uploaded (TheRushingAlpha3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi   

Back to top Go down
 
Earnest Evans, El Viento and Annet Futatabi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Evans' Games
» Imani's clean sheet.
» Not Your Average Life - Open - Limited Spots
» Coquitlam District Playoffs
» 2014 Spring/Summer Club Circuit

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valis Fantasm Soldiers :: Video Games-
Jump to: