Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panel de Pon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zalure
Daydreaming Soldier
Zalure

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-29

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 2:12 pm

When It comes to puzzle games Panel de Pon is my second favorite (Tetris comes first). I'm a big fan of the series and even bigger fanboy for Lip as you can see from my sig/avatar.

Sadly Panel de Pon never left Japan in its original version, it came here as Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League. Same game just the characters were changed with Tetris Attack replacing Lip and friends with Yoshis Island characters, PPL with Pokemon. Mad

So how many here know about Panel de Pon? Question
Back to top Go down
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 10:59 pm

I never knew the Japanese name for Puzzle League was Panel de Pon, but I guess this sort of thing is common in puzzle games. Puyo Puyo was only released once in the US as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and all the sequels to Puyo Puyo were Japan only. The story was also obviously changed, which I see has been done with Panel de Pon many times over.

Since the advent of the region-free DS, we can now play games like Panel de Pon and Puyo Puyo as they're released in Japan. I know Puyo Puyo Anniversary is on DS in Japan and has been for some time. I also know that Planet Puzzle League also exists, but whether a Japanese variant for Panel de Pon exists, I don't know.

Pokemon Puzzle League was fun, though, so I'd imagine PdP was super fun as well. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitimeWed 23 Apr 2008, 10:53 pm

I really loved Pokemon Puzzle League.. but only because I got caught with Tetris attack...
too bad I never meet that game before... Oops

usually, big companies get characters and add them to a game to make more and more merchandising...
they only care for money... mad

luckily, sometimes we get nice games... I mean, those tetris versions were not so bad...

but I think this has to do with the idea of players-type in America...
America's games are very different from Japan's games... eh
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
Reel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2008, 1:39 am

If you're interested, someone made an English translation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
ZeLoz (akaBill)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 3:42 pm

Oh, yes. I've played the fan-translation of Panel de Pon, as well as Tetris Attack. Both very fun games (despite the fact that their the same game.) But my younger sister totally owns me in both...

Still, she can't say the same about Puyo Puyo!
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Panel de Pon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel de Pon   Panel de Pon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panel de Pon
Page 1 of 1