Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conventions, Conventions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Conventions, Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeThu 25 Dec 2008, 11:16 pm

I'm wondering, now that I'm starting to get more and more into the convention atmosphere, if anyone here has gone to, is going to, and/or plans to go to any anime/gaming conventions? If so, which convention(s) and where? Are you planning to cosplay? If so, who or what?

I'm going to be hitting up Naka-Kon in Kansas City, Missouri, USA from March 14 - 16, Otaku Omaha in Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA from July 3 - 5, Anime Iowa during August '09 (at an unknown location), and Anime Nebraskon in either Lincoln, Nebraska, USA or Omaha, Nebraska, USA during November '09 (at an unknown location).

If you live near any of these convention areas, or plan on going to these conventions, let's see if we can meet up sometime (yes, this is a shout-out to Valna, who I know lives in Missouri). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
The Red Spectra

Male Number of posts : 351
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 3:27 am

I've been to a few here in NY. But, they pale in comparison to places like California and Maryland, which boast some of the biggest cons, ever.

Anyways, I've been to:

BAAF (Big Apple Anime Festival) '01
NYAF (New York Anime Fest) '07
NYAF '08

I'm aiming to score a table in the artist's section for NYAF '09.

I missed Digital Life Expo...they had games stuff.

Also, I've been to NY Comicon '08 (and going to '09!). Would that count seeing as how they had some game and anime stuff? (although not a large amount of it)

I'd like to get out of NY for a con. I know I'd have a sensory overload. Plus, people seem nicer out there. Most NY people suck. Except my friends, they don't suck.
Back to top Go down
http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 12:28 am

I basically go to the San Diego Comic Con every year, but other than that, I don't usually go to many cons. I did go to Anime Expo one year (can't remember which year though). I'd go to more cons, but its the matter of money and time. sad
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
XYXZYZ
Ordinary Soldier
XYXZYZ

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2008, 6:07 pm

I stopped going to cons when they became too much like those loathsome anime club meetings; a hotel full of outcasts desperate for attention, each trying to yell their stupid MST3K jokes louder than the 400 other people doing the same. Once roleplaying took precedence over manners (Running in the halls, knocking a guy over and saying "teehee! Gomen nasai!" because you're a catgirl in a sailor fuku) I gave up. I used to simply hang out in the video rooms all day to see a big sampling of anime I hadn't discovered, but now it's just not worth it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.jp
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 2:23 am

Jeez!!! eee
I really want to reply to this, but I don't have too much time now... sad

I used to go to comic conventions very often... but then I stopped when everything became too expensive..
like only for rich people...
an entrance was too expensive.. mad
and I'd really like to cosplay, but physically, I don't match many chars...
possibly, I should cosplay as a "Gears of War" Soldier... happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
HeromanX
HeromanX

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 12:43 am

Updating this topic since it's been relevant to my activities over the past few months.

I've attended the following conventions this year alone: Naka-Kon, Otaku Omaha, SogenCon, and Anime Iowa. I'm definitely attending Anime Nebraskon, since I'm currently staffing for that convention (I dropped staffing for Otaku Omaha this year due to issues with the con chair). However, that's my 2009 con circuit. Lol

I currently have no plans for 2010 cons, but I'm hoping to attend Naka-Kon again, in addition to Minnesota/Minneapolis Anime Convention (can't remember which, but it's advertised as MAC). This is on top of Sogen Con and Anime Iowa. Drama involving Otaku Omaha, along with some really not-so-shocking developments on their end, will likely leave me unattending next year, assuming it happens. On the flip-side, though, I'll probably attend Anime Nebraskon again as a staff member. Other conventions I hope I can make next year include Anime St. Louis, Anime Festival Wichita, Anime Central, and Nan Desu Kon. That's a lot of conventions in one year! ^^;;;

If anyone is planning to attend any of those conventions, please let me know! I'm trying to spread the word out as best I can about Valis (heck, as a representative for Nebraskon in the dealer's room at Sogen, I played a "demo" of all three Valis games on Genesis, to some actual interest). If all goes well, I'm also going to be hosting an entire hour-long panel on Valis alone, introducing people to Valis, the storyline, history, and everything else at Anime Nebraskon in November this year. I'll definitely be referencing this forum towards the end and hopefully we'll see more interest in the series. ^_^

Anyway, that's it for now! HeromanX signing out!

EDIT: Soldier, there's a Valis cosplay for everyone. Very Happy Remember, there are many, many bosses to fill in. Despite a female-heavy protagonist line-up, there are more males in the Valis universe than females. That said, there's a General for all of us. Smile I'd be a classic Izard (not the manga version, which is apparently all stalkerish and perverse). Who would you be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 4:54 pm

Well, I would like to attend a convention, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't live near a state where would would take place, and my state is boring.

So those who are able to go, have fun, and try and post pictures of who is dressed as who, and what people are there.
Back to top Go down
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 11:39 pm

Well, as I said before, I don't really go to too many conventions (except for the Comic Con in San Diego) because of my busy work schedule and money.

However, I do wish you good luck with your panel at Anime Nebraskon, HeromanX. I hope you can win over more Valis fans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
HeromanX
HeromanX

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:39 pm

Mega Man model T 101 wrote:
Well, I would like to attend a convention, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't live near a state where would would take place, and my state is boring.

So those who are able to go, have fun, and try and post pictures of who is dressed as who, and what people are there.

You might be surprised. I've heard of conventions in Idaho, which most Americans agree is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Almost every state has at least one hobbyist convention, be it sci-fi, gaming, or anime.

www.animecons.com is where you'd want to go to find a convention near you. You might have to drive a few hours, that's always a factor to consider, but you'll probably find something to attend. ^^

Looking at their beta map, every state east of Maine up until the Dakotas have conventions. South Dakota has SogenCon that's not listed on the map, but I don't know about North Dakota. That said, North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Oregon are the only states that don't have conventions. Of those, only Montana would have less than three conventions close to them. So I'm sure you're covered! Smile

And thanks, Ianna. I really hope to pull in a lot of people with the panel. People always seem to think Sailor Moon was the original magical girl and ten years ago I'd have agreed with them. Now I know different and it's high-time the Blue Goddess got her just rewards. I'll update everyone here with panel content as things move along. So far, I'm planning on using my dedicated Valis art folder, some clips from YouTube (particularly key scenes, such as Reiko and Valia's death scenes, intros, and some of the X68k/PC-88 VII cuts), and links to various Valis shrines and sites (including this one).

Speaking of which, does anyone have a list of all the dA accounts that currently have Valis fanart up? I know our illustrious leader should have them since he's constantly combing the desert and finding gold. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conventions, Conventions   Conventions, Conventions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conventions, Conventions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valis Fantasm Soldiers :: General-
Jump to: