Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kraken

Go down 
+2
Lord Adrian
kraken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kraken
Legend in Training

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-04-08

kraken Empty
PostSubject: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 8:00 pm

Helllo everybody

I am Kraken, a french otaku nostalgic from the 80s 90s who came here for talking about Valis.

I love manga, anime and video game

I must to admit it, I am a newbie about the saga, I had already heard of Valis sinces times, but I was always thinking it was part of the Ys series.

I really discovered Valis few week ago when gain interest for the PC-engine emulation (this game console was really amazing, I did'nt know, only the PS1 and the PS2 and maybe the saturn have better game library).

As I am not into the saga until a long time and I love somes eroge, Ihave no grudge against the manga and I want to try Valis X (translated) before hating it.

and I have planned to review Valis X (If someone want to know if the story is as bad sa it seems), I hope nobody will hate me for that

Back to top Go down
http://www.kk.com
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 8:09 pm

kraken wrote:
Helllo everybody

I am Kraken, a french otaku nostalgic from the 80s 90s who came here for talking about Valis.

I love manga, anime and video game

I must to admit it, I am a newbie about the saga, I had already heard of Valis sinces times, but I was always thinking it was part of the Ys series.

I really discovered Valis few week ago when gain interest for the PC-engine emulation (this game console was really amazing, I did'nt know, only the PS1 and the PS2 and maybe the saturn have better game library).

As I am not into the saga until a long time and I love somes eroge, Ihave no grudge against the manga and I want to try Valis X (translated) before hating it.

and I have planned to review Valis X (If someone want to know if the story is as bad sa it seems), I hope nobody will hate me for that

Welcome to the forums cheers . Two things:
1: I love the Ys series happy heart .
2: Good luck on that Valis X, I never played it but I've been told I'm lucky I never did...it must be THAT bad. So I can't wait to hear what you got say about it Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 9:36 pm

Bienvenue Smile

There are eroge fans on the site (I'm not one of them Laughing) so you won't likely be hated.

As for your review, I will gladly read it when it's done regardless of what your conclusion is, despite not caring for visual novels. As for my opinion, Telenet did NOT need to whore Valis out as hentai unless they hoped to make a desperate buck off of the series' name, MUCH LESS on the series' 20th anniversary, when they had the perfect opportunity to revive the series properly. Remember, they did the same thing to Arcus. There was nothing stopping them from creating a new eroge series and leave Valis alone. Neutral

But it's all irrelevant now because Valis was already dead by Valis IV. What Valis needs is a reboot -- out with the old, in with the new Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 12:57 am

Welcome to the forum dude afro

Quote :
nostalgic from the 80s 90s

Yeah! Another nostalgic, 80's 90's Rules! lol

Quote :
There are eroge fans on the site (I'm not one of them ) so you won't likely be hated.

Eroge...? GIMME THE EROGES!!! eee XD
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 5:54 am

Velcome i mean welcome to my site we have valis stuff and other game/non-valis stuff we can talk about.
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 6:10 am

Welcome to Valis forums Very Happy

kraken wrote:

Why most of Valis fans all over the world dislike Valis X, because Valis series is part of our childhood!
It's not a game where some masturbate at and then forget. That's why, whatever was the story about Valis X, as long as it's Hentai, it's disliked and not accepted by most Valis fans.

Valis is my everyday talk. Everything I draw, everything I write, everything I program, everything I animate! And Valis is an important part of my personality and my childhood. Now telling me that Valis X had a great story? Don't expect me to play it or like it LOL

Telenet by releasing official Hentai Valis game, they thought they will generate money, instead, thank God it was the game that closed their business LOL

-----

I don't hate you or try to stop you for your attempt to play Valis X, all what I want to say is:
Valis is different.
If you like Valis and would like to know more about it, play the original series. Valis 1 (Genesis version) is a good start Wink

ShadowBlade wrote:
Eroge...? GIMME THE EROGES!!! eee XD

LOL
Play Valis X and you will be like the pervert ShadowBlade LOL
*just kidding* Very Happy

Oh, here's an excellent-and-best Valis fanfic inspired by the original Valis series:
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com/t265-fanfic-brotherhood-of-the-sword
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
kraken
Legend in Training

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 10:41 pm

Quote :
Why most of Valis fans all over the world dislike Valis X, because Valis series is part of our childhood!
It's not a game where some masturbate at and then forget. That's why, whatever was the story about Valis X, as long as it's Hentai, it's disliked and not accepted by most Valis fans.
Sailormoon was part of my childhood, but I have many erotic doujin sailormoon, because the sailor senshi are so sexy!!

When I was kid, I was in love with sailor mars

I have grown with KOF and street fighter and ero stuff about thiese series don't bother me. (I love some of them)

My sister have grow up with saint seiya and she wrote yaoi fanfics about it.

If I think a character if sexy, I am pleased to see her in sexy situation.

Those you dislike a game just because it's hentai, don't know well what are most of the hentai games. Most of the hentai games don't serve for masturbate

Most of these games have really excellent story (I hope that Valis X is part of this).

The better anime of the last years are derived from hentai games:
Fate stay night
Kanon
Clannad
Demonbane
ef
Air
Shuffle
Kimiga nozomu eien
Tears of Tiara
Tsukihime
Utawarerumono
To heart

Even on the PC engine, there is a fabulous rpg serie know as hentai (the Dragon knight series)

Valis was a serie made for otaku, as Shining force (Hentai artist work on shining force still Shining force 2).

It's frustaing to see Valis turned in hentai game because we don't have any classic valis game, but if the game is not just a game for masturbate but provide a really good story with just hentai illustration as bonuses, where is the problem.

However, if the game is just sex and rape, I'll follow you to hate this game.

edit: I just finish the first game, it's the worst hentai game I played.

There is nearly no story, only 4 choice, a sex scene occure every 5 minutes, they are inavoidable hardcore, not exciting, and the game is finish in 30 minutes.

All that you thinking about Valis X is true. only the music is good (but there is only 3 music)

Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:03 am

Hentai like any other manga or anime may or may not catch on with others, like the old saying goes "each to their own". As for favoite Sailor Scouts. Mine would be Sailor : Venus and Neptune and yes I'm well infromed that Neptune and Urainus are lovers---at least in the Japanese version, in the US they're cousins. As for Valis X---what I've read about your experiance I'm still glad I didn't play it, but I've seen the art work for it and some of it is quite good.
Back to top Go down
kraken
Legend in Training

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:36 am

Quote :
at least in the Japanese version, in the US they're cousins

In france, they are both in love they censored their relationship by dubbing Haruka by a man.

Now, my favorite sailor is sailor saturn

Quote :
but I've seen the art work for it and some of it is quite good.
Not really bad, but pretty generic.

The big problem with the artwork of the game are that every character have nearly the same face, only the harcut and color change.

and the character seems very old for highschool student. (Yuko seems 25)

Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 1:11 am

kraken wrote:
It's frustaing to see Valis turned in hentai game because we don't have any classic valis game

Really? The old Valis II for MSX-2/X68000 contains a nudity scene of Yuko when take off the Valis Armor, yeah isn't "true" hentai but I can see Yuko's attributes perfectly heh-heh
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 7:56 am

Shadow Blade wrote:
Really? The old Valis II for MSX-2/X68000 contains a nudity scene of Yuko when take off the Valis Armor, yeah isn't "true" hentai but I can see Yuko's attributes perfectly

LOL

It's true.
Valis II X68k contains 2-3 pics of nudity.
Valis I PCEngine contains 1-2 panty shots.

Some consider these as features/extras/bonuses to Valis series, while there are others consider them as flaws.

Valis X artwork is pretty impressive. And the music and voice-acting also great! Unfortunately, all this budget and talents wasted on totally worthless game (it's even hard to call it a game LOL because you don't even play LOL), even Hentai-lovers didn't like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 10:49 am

kraken wrote:
Quote :
at least in the Japanese version, in the US they're cousins

In france, they are both in love they censored their relationship by dubbing Haruka by a man.

Now, my favorite sailor is sailor saturn

Quote :
but I've seen the art work for it and some of it is quite good.
Not really bad, but pretty generic.

The big problem with the artwork of the game are that every character have nearly the same face, only the harcut and color change.

and the character seems very old for highschool student. (Yuko seems 25)

Saturn would have been a very cool character if I would have known her better, I only saw her in a couple of episodes over here. Now one more "lover" couple( that I know of) was Malachite and Zoycite, in the US Zoycite was female (with a very annoying laugh ugh )and male in the Japaness version. I was watching a Playthrough of the Sailor Moon arcade by Valis HD when he was talking about Zoycite and Malachite, in one scene he said "...and everybody gay..." ! I LMAO after he said it because it was unexpected.
Back to top Go down
kraken
Legend in Training

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

Quote :
Really? The old Valis II for MSX-2/X68000 contains a nudity scene of Yuko when take off the Valis Armor, yeah isn't "true" hentai but I can see Yuko's attributes perfectly

Sorry it wasn't really what I wanted to say. I wanted to say this is frustating because we don't have anymore action/plateform Valis games.

Quote :
Valis X artwork is pretty impressive. And the music and voice-acting also great!
I have played to many game like that and I think the artwork are far to be impressive.

There is only 5 background in the game and 20 illustrations. the art style is pretty generic, the animation are nearly absent.
Most of the doujin visual novel are many more beautiful than that.

Even about the visual part, It's the worse professional Visual novel I know.

(search about the titles I give as exemple in my present post, they are far more impressive)

Same thing for the voice acting, it work but is far to be impressive. Most of the professionnal games have better voice acting

This game can be develloped in a month by 3 person with no budget.
I made a far better demo of VN in 4 month (and it was my first try)
Quote :

it's even hard to call it a game LOL because you don't even play LOL

No more than gamebooks. It's exatly the same thing, you read the story and make choice who change the story.

But in Valis X there is nearly any choice (and except the last, they juste change a line of text)

Quote :
one more "lover" couple( that I know of) wasMalachite and Zoycite, in the US Zoycite was female

In france also their relationship was censored. They are brothers in france
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:29 pm

[quote="kraken"]
Quote :

In france also their relationship was censored. They are brothers in france

Zoycite was also a man in the France/Europe version..wha ?! Seems like Zoycite was only female in the US version---interesting.
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:56 pm

I'm not really following this topic so I'm just randomly replying to stuff, hopefully I'm not repeating things that have been said already...

evilReiko wrote:
Valis X artwork is pretty impressive.

Really, evilReiko? lol

I would have to disagree. I mean seriously, the characters all look like they are on drugs, especially Cham geeeez...

evilReiko wrote:
It's even hard to call it a game LOL because you don't even play LOL), even Hentai-lovers didn't like it!

Well, visual novel is technically a game genre. There are quite a few on the PC Engine, which might even be a reason Telenet thought they could get away with it -- because in a sense it harkened back to that era. Some people like visual novels; myself, I'm not a fan.

If Valis X had actual gameplay I might try it out (of course I wouldn't pay for it Laughing). But as a visual novel with ho-hum artwork and no clear innovative premise I never felt the slightest attraction to it.

Last edited by RayguardKnight (SS7) on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
kraken
Legend in Training

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 7:44 pm

Quote :
Zoycite was also a man in the France/Europe version..wha ?! Seems like Zoycite was only female in the US version---interesting.
Yeah, the two version have been made by different staff. And in France japanese anime with thing like that was usual.

Sailormoon was so popular that the SNES game have been released in France

during 80s, some anime like Versaille no Bara (a anime about a cross dressed girl during 18th century) and Onii-sama e (a well know shojo ai anime) were diffused for the kid.

We also had candy candy (where the heroine commit incest) and of course shonen anime like dragonball (since 87), and saint seiya

I am really happy to live in france because there was a show named "club dorothée" who diffused japanese anime every days (26 hours by week in 1992).

Dragonball, saint seiya, dirty pair, orange road, space adventure cobra, city hunter, hokuto no ken, sailormoon, captain harlock, Lum, creamy mami, Ranma, captain Tsubasa, Mazinger Z, I grown with them, It also why I am so nostalgic from theses days
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 11:40 pm

kraken wrote:
Quote :

We also had candy candy (where the heroine commit incest)

Now that is what I call an anime lol .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

kraken Empty
PostSubject: Re: kraken   kraken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kraken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valis Fantasm Soldiers :: Introduction-
Jump to: