Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Reiko Backstory

Go down 
5 posters

Can you tolerate it?
Yes.
My Reiko Backstory Vote_lcap80%My Reiko Backstory Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
DIE!
My Reiko Backstory Vote_lcap20%My Reiko Backstory Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

Male Number of posts : 17
Job : Disabled
Hobbies : video games, anime, mathematics, study of history and religion
Registration date : 2011-05-06

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 4:24 pm

For my pet project, which is a crossover of so many video game and anime worlds that it's all I can do to keep it straight in my head, I also added the "world" of Valis to it... before I discovered anime a year and a half later. The not-being-aware of anime at the time (around 1992) caused me to make a few ignorant assumptions about Valis. It's these assumptions that are making me afraid to just post my backstory for Reiko outright, and I'd like to list these "mistakes" and see if any of you can tolerate them before I decide to contribute it to the site.

Reiko I wasn't aware at this time that the setting (at least on Earth) of games like this made in Japan was, in fact, Japan. Yuko of Valis 3 with 's name didn't clue me in, either.

Reiko The first game I ever played in the series was Valis III, and because of a certain feature in the game's first stage, I thought that Yuko of Valis 3 with , at the time, was living in Reno, Nevada. Remember the big RENO neon sign in that stage? I never did connect it at that time with Renovation, one of the companies involved with the game. (Look, I was only 15 at the time, okay? I was young and dain-bramaged.)

Reiko When Valis I was finally released for the Sega Genesis, and I saw the full names of Yuko of Valis 1 and Reiko , I still didn't get it. When I began to put the backstory together, I had the two girls going to an all-girls high school in... New York City. scratch

Now, I eventually did tie it to Japan... a little.

So... fear I just want to know if this level of ignorance can be tolerated by even a small minority of members of this website... or if I'll end up being castrated and ritually sacrificed to such fine people as Rogles , Megas , Glames and Garugia . (Please preserve my soul, Valia !!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SecretFinalBoss
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 6:18 pm

When I first played Valis back in the days I always knew it took place in Japan...cause just like Marty McFly said in Episode III "All the best stuff is made in Japan..." afro .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSat 07 May 2011, 4:20 am

We can always help dear Very Happy

I'm just not that much interested in crossovers, I don't know why, but I always find crossovers... not interesting fear heh-heh
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 3:29 am

Well... I can't really change this backstory now, as it's been a permanent fixture in my bigger project for nearly 20 years. To set you at ease about crossovers, this backstory doesn't actually have anything cross over into it, in and of itself. It covers a handful of things from 121 years before Valis I up until the prelude of the same, but mostly all happening on the Human World.

Now, if the poll results show 25% or more towards "Yes," I'll put it up. I'm not saying this thing is the greatest thing since Valis, far from it in fact.

I have to admit, that I never played Valis IV. Once Yuko ascended to godhood, I thought, "Well, what the hell's the point?"
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:33 am

Valis IV wasn't a bad game, it was just a little hard and Super Valis IV wasn't bad either...I think all in all the regular Valis IV is harder then the SNES one, however Garugia was f*ing tough in both games.
Back to top Go down
RyIII
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
RyIII

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-10-02

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 8:20 am

SecretFinalBoss wrote:

I have to admit, that I never played Valis IV. Once Yuko ascended to godhood, I thought, "Well, what the hell's the point?"

The point is that not everything begins and ends with Yuko, I'd say. Handing it off to Lena makes it a multi-generational struggle that is much larger than any single girl's life, much as how the Phantasy Star series took place over thousands of years but followed the same story. In those millions of years, how many people wielded the sword before Yuko? And how many might wield it after? What were their stories?

If Valis had continued apace into the modern generations of gaming, rather than sputtering and dying at the end of the 16-but era, I would love to have seen them continue to switch out protagonists every three games or so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RiflemanIII
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: My responses... ...and also: How should I do this?   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:34 am

First, I'll respond to RyIII...

I guess I misspoke when I said "Well, what the hell's the point?" What I meant to express was that I felt closure, and as for myself personally, I did not feel the desire to get to know new characters. I certainly wasn't trying to tell anyone else how to feel about it.

Now, as for Lord Adrian...

I must plead ignorance, as I didn't even know there was a "regular" Valis IV. I had only heard of and seen magazine ads for Super Valis IV.

Finally, to respond to evilReiko...

To make another disclaimer, I never intended to talk about the story of my bigger crossover project. My story of five generations of the Kirishima family is all I had in mind, as that's the part that's relevant to this website. As for crossovers in general, I grant you that there is a glut crossovers that are supremely awful and inferior to Glames 's own bowel movements. I mean, stuff like, "Ranma wakes up just in time to see Naruto come flying at him." Sleep (My approach is to begin with original characters of my making, build them up, and then, and only slowly at first, begin integrating pre-existing characters and worlds.)

Now to the How should I do this? topic...

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm stalling on this, but it's genuinely out of not wanting to offend the few, the proud, the Valis fans. So, where would I post the backstory? Here on the forum? Or perhaps... maybe we could set up a date and time to meet in the chatroom so I can lay it out live, get everyone's criticism and questions, and respond to it all? I'm still a noob as my rank suggests, so if there's a place on this site for such things, please tell me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

" Cham probably does not want to have my children, but a guy can hope." -- Secret Final Boss
Back to top Go down
RyIII
RyIII

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:46 am

SecretFinalBoss wrote:
First, I'll respond to RyIII...

I guess I misspoke when I said "Well, what the hell's the point?" What I meant to express was that I felt closure, and as for myself personally, I did not feel the desire to get to know new characters. I certainly wasn't trying to tell anyone else how to feel about it.

Well, words mean things. I know I spend more time working out the phrasing of things in my writings than the rest. Plot is easy, semantics is hard. Smile

Quote :
Now, as for Lord Adrian...

I must plead ignorance, as I didn't even know there was a "regular" Valis IV. I had only heard of and seen magazine ads for Super Valis IV.

It was for the Turbo CD, and never made it to the US. A shame, as it was the version of the game that actually, y'know, had the story in it.

Quote :

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm stalling on this, but it's genuinely out of not wanting to offend the few, the proud, the Valis fans. So, where would I post the backstory? Here on the forum? Or perhaps... maybe we could set up a date and time to meet in the chatroom so I can lay it out live, get everyone's criticism and questions, and respond to it all? I'm still a noob as my rank suggests, so if there's a place on this site for such things, please tell me.

Well, I'd say the Valis forum is as good a place as any to post that sort of thing, and people's lives tend to be a bit erratic these days anyhow, so a chat wouldn't be a sure thing. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use that chat when possible, though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:18 pm

SecretFinalBoss wrote:
as for Lord Adrian...

Now to the How should I do this? topic...

" Cham probably does not want to have my children, but a guy can hope." -- Secret Final Boss

The Regular Valis IV would be the PC version the one where you play as Lena Ahm Asfal .

Any kind of Valis fan work is welcomed here cheers just look at my Valis V Unofficial Still Anime. Some like it, some hate it but I do it anyway because I love Valis----and it gives me somthing to do during the day Extemely Happy .
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Don't forget the poll!   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 9:29 pm

I was hoping for a few more votes on the poll at the top. Three votes in all is hardly a viable sample. I'll wait until it's been up a week (the 13th) before making a decision.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 9:52 pm

SecretFinalBoss wrote:
I was hoping for a few more votes on the poll at the top. Three votes in all is hardly a viable sample. I'll wait until it's been up a week (the 13th) before making a decision.

Don't let the polls deter you if you want to share anykind of fanart or project here---75 to 90% of the time this place is rather quiet anyway but it always welcomes fan made projects Cool .
Back to top Go down
RyIII
RyIII

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 9:54 pm

Seriously dude, just do it. The quality of the story is in the telling, anyways.
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: All right, already! I'll do it.   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 10:26 pm

I've gotten enough encouragement from some of you, so I get the hint. I'll have to go see if I can find some old notes, just in case I've forgotten something, then I'll put it up. I guarantee and promise nothing.

As for another matter, I finally posted those six pieces of fan art to my personal album: Yuko of Valis 1 x2, Reiko x2, and Cham x2. This time I remembered to edit them down to the size limitations. If there is still an issue about them because I'm not the one who physically drew them, then I'd better tell you right now: I'm disabled, and drawing like that is out of the question for me, but I'm certainly the one who commissioned those images.
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 3:59 am

Being disabled doesn't mean you're dead! happy

Have you uploaded those fan-art?
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: They ARE uploaded! Where are they?   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 10:03 pm

Well, I said right there in the post that I posted (uploaded) them... yesterday. They're still not up, and I'm wondering why.

ADDENDUM: May 12, 3:45 CST, and they're still not up...
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Okay, here it is! [Part 1 out of 2 or 3, anyway...]   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2011, 11:57 pm

(I started writing the backstory up for posting. This part will have Reiko 's family 3 to 5 generations before her.)

READ THIS FIRST: I think I mentioned that in my fan project, Suikoden "X",
the Valis characters occur twice. This is because the universe it takes place it
was divided into two back in the unmeasurable past. Video game worlds exist in
one half, and anime worlds exist in the other half. Thanks to Valis' dual nature,
it exists equally in both halves. A cosmic accident (involving a Valis character
among others, interestingly enough) created a hole in the barrier, making it
possible to travel from one side of this "Diaverse," if you will, to the other and
back. This really shouldn't affect the information I'm about to present, but I
still felt like mentioning it.

To clarify one more thing, aside from the additional aspect of
interplanetary politics, I am treating the "Human World" as a virtual clone of our
Earth.

And, here we go:

JAPAN, 1873. Anjiro Kirishima, one of the very few samurai who survived
the Meiji Restoration (mostly due to the wealth his family had accumulated over
the past few centuries), upon deciding that continuing to live on the main island
of Kyushu would be dangerous at best, abandoned his dead father's estate. He took
his wife and his family's katana, Kirishima itself, and settled for a more
peaceful life in his family's vacation manor situated on the northern side of
Hokkaido. The other factor in the decision to move was the imminent birth of his
first, and unfortunately only, child, Toshihiko.
As for the sword Kirishima, it was forged on the Human World, but laced
with Dark World magic, and made to be compatible with a Vecanti user.

1894. Anjiro did the best he could to instill in his son Toshihiko the
traditions and pride of their family and their country. The latter was becoming
increasingly difficult as Japan assimilated more and more Western culture. The
first baseball game played with Japan's borders took place three years before
Toshihiko was even born, for example. As the son got older, he became more
interested in the West, with a certain fascination for New York City, and this
caused frequent quarrels between father and son. Toshihiko's leaving was
inevitable, but in order to not give Anjiro the satisfaction of disowning him, he
gathered together what money he knew his folks wouldn't miss, left a note for his
mother, and boarded the next ship for Hawaii.
He eventually would make it to New York City, and while establishing
himself in this new culture, having everyone just call him "Toshi" instead of the
whole name Toshihiko, hit it off with a young woman with fire-engine red hair who
came into the U.S. through Ellis Island with her family. They married in 1899.
Two years later, Toshihiko Kirishima, Jr., was born.

(By the way, the fan sketches I uploaded to my personal album still haven't been posted. There are some people here who've been wanting to see them!)
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011, 3:26 am

Are you trying to upload it in this website? Please don't!
I suggest you to use photobucket.com or deviantart.com, then hotlink them here Smile
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Can't upload them here?   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011, 8:46 am

Are you serious? If I can't upload them here, what the hell is the point of this site's having a Gallery then? My impression was that this site was a central place for Valis fans to congregate and, among other things, view each others' fan art right here on the site without having to chase even more links. I'd rather not have to have accounts on continuously more and more websites that I have to keep track of. For that matter, who is it that approves the uploaded fan art?

A site like this should be a Valis fan's final destination.
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 15 May 2011, 8:08 am

I understand you very well. It's annoying! But what can we do? After all, this is a free website, as you may know, free websites don't provide the best things sad As you said, there's a gallery section, but it doesn't work as it suppose to fear

That's why we opened this thread: https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com/t15p960-valis-is-still-alive-even-after-the-official-hentai-assault so that we can link all pictures we find or upload in one place! (I know, it's not the best solution, but at least that's what we can do for now!)

We also created a group account on deviantart.com >>> http://valisfantasmsoldier.deviantart.com/ you can watch that group, upload directly, post comments, chat, etc (Again, not the best solution, but it helps abit)

The thing you're asking for, which is a central website for everything related to Valis, to upload/download pictures, fanfics, galleries, comments, chat, music, games, backgrounds, private messages, etc..... unfortunately, in a free website that's difficult. What we need to achieve that, we have 2 options:

Option 1: Pay a budget for an IT company to make for us such a website. This would cost thousands of dollars!

Option 2: Obtain a domain name and hosting space (which we have to pay monthly/annually) to get the website, then find a web-developer and ask him to work for us for free for days and months 'til he complete working on this website!

I believe both options are nearly impossible to achieve.

Very fortunately, there is a web-developer, who paid for a domain-name and got a hosting space, and now working for free on such Valis fan's website, spending most of his free-time working on the website, just because he loves Valis Smile >>> evilReiko.com (Yes, it's me heh-heh, I've just announced my Valis website 2 weeks ago, and I'm working hard on it, it's still in its early stages, but the first thing I developed is a pictures section to search and upload Valis images Smile)
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 10:42 pm

Thank you, evil- Reiko . So that's what the hentai assualt was. I hadn't read the thread, and now I see the problem.

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've had to deal with some health issues this last week. I'll continue the backstory when I can.

Last edited by SecretFinalBoss on Mon 23 May 2011, 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 11:10 pm

SecretFinalBoss wrote:
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've had to deal with some health issues this last week. I'll continue the backstory when I can.

I hope you get better, I hate getting sick...specially since all I get is a sore throat, sinus infection and fever.
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: The fan art I've been promising.   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 12:40 am

I finally posted that fan art onto my Facebook page, with credits captioned to each piece:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116800781737725.28464.100002234129260&l=fdeeeb6de2

To explain the one with Cham sitting on the edge of a bed, well, in the story of my bigger project, she acquires a boyfriend at one point, and what she's doing is looking at him and desiring tonsil hockey, which is why she's not wearing her headpiece. Oh, and the one with Reiko wielding Leethus is not my fault. I think I told the artist that she uses a two-handed sword, and that's what she came up with.
Back to top Go down
SecretFinalBoss
Legend in Training
SecretFinalBoss

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: My Reiko Backstory (Part 2 out of 2 or 3)   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 1:12 am

NEW YORK CITY, 1901. This is the year that Toshi Jr. was born. I honestly haven't come up with all that much about this character's life. All I can think about at the moment was that, at the beginning of his adult life, around 1920, he had to deal with the constant tribulation brought on by an intense American prejudice against Chinese immigrants and Chinese-Americans, which his father and sometimes himself would be confused for. Otherwise, there were parts
of his life that were much like his father's, like marrying a redhead, and naming
his son after himself (though this would be the last time this would happen).
Thus, in 1921, Toshihiko Kirishima III was born. This child's hair, unlike
the black hair of his father, grandfather and great-grandfather, was red, red like
his grandmother's.

Don't worry, it may seem dull now, but it'll really start to pick up with the next part.
Back to top Go down
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitimeSun 12 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

I'm still waiting for that next chapter. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

My Reiko Backstory Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Reiko Backstory   My Reiko Backstory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Reiko Backstory
Page 1 of 1