Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is just...wow.

Go down 
+8
HeromanX
Reel
Silent_Protagonist
Valis
Soldier
evilReiko
ssfsx17
The Red Spectra
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XYXZYZ
Ordinary Soldier
XYXZYZ

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-07-09

This is just...wow. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2008, 4:05 pm

Valna wrote:
Reel wrote:
And Final Fantasy, I actually traded that cartrige with some other kid, not for another game, for some candies. He didn't understand how to play it at all.
LOL! wow you did that? I did the same but i traded Final Fantasy 6 for super valis 4 at the time i regreted it.

Super Famicom FF6? Your Valis 4 was Complete with box & manual. right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.jp
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2008, 9:33 pm

betaflex1 wrote:
Going back to start enough times, you tend to build the reflexes and coordination that carries over to other titles. happy
yes, games back then, were about skills, repetition, coordination and memory...
even when it could cost soooo many tries.... check this video Jervin posted time ago... lol!
Spoiler:
I mean, who got never upset after losing?
check... the guy in the back, with the black T-shirt... lol
Spoiler:

Reel wrote:
And Final Fantasy, I actually traded that cartrige with some other kid, not for another game, for some candies. He didn't understand how to play it at all.
Valna wrote:
LOL! wow you did that? I did the same but i traded Final Fantasy 6 for super valis 4 at the time i regreted it.

I only changed one game in my life... and I still feel bad... I changed my Street Fighter II by a game called Biometal... sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008, 12:16 pm

Better than watching your older bro lose the family's copy of Street Fighter II, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008, 5:28 pm

fear I guess you're right...
you know? I've lost lots of games... lot of my friends asked me to lend them my games...
and never give them back... sad
I told my younger bro to never lend games... but he did too.... and... eyegouge

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008, 8:34 pm

Ya probably wanted to Falcon Punch them back then for that. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008, 9:58 pm

betaflex1 wrote:

He probably did, but couldn't because he'd lent out his copy of F-Zero. XD

Don't worry, I made a pretty bad trade too: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! for Bart vs. the Space Mutants in 5th grade. At the time I couldn't tell you which was worth more, but when I saw the price tag of $16.95 USD on MTPO!!! and the one of $1.95 on BvSM while I worked at Gamers, I instantly realized what a sin I'd committed. -_-

Oh, and I also tried trading Funcoland Metal Gear for Athena. Aside from that being the worst trade-off ever, they sent me a check saying they couldn't fill the order before they closed doors and fully merged. Suffice to say, I was one unhappy kid. =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
Reel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 May 2008, 5:04 am

Valna wrote:
Reel wrote:

Yeah, but I'm not sure if I was a little unclear. To be clear, I was the one who got the cart, I gave him a box of candies. For what I can remember, I never did any bad trades with NES. One kid tried, but I asked around where he lived and got the game back. What happened was the last day of school we agreed to bring some games to trade. He got Cobra Command from me, I got some bad game I can't even remember. He never brought it back and even when at first I went to his house I could never find him or he said he didn't have it. When I finally got it, it was a mess. It was in really bad shape as far as that failure where a bunch of artifacts would show up if you didn't blow on it and cram the cart in just right. I think everyone that had NES knows what I'm talking about. I don't know if he gave it to his dog to chew, or what. A friend of mind did make a bunch of bad trades before I even had an NES. I remember he traded Metal Gear and Zelda 2 for some other forgettable stuff and never got them back.

I did a lot of trades with SNES though, and in my favor. Most memorable, I got FF3 (US version of course) for Primal Rage, mind you FF3 came with the box and booklet which I still have, Primal Rage was just the plain cart. Then Killer Instinct for some silly flight sim I can't remember the name. One game I was never able to get rid of was a Japanese import, the 3rd Ranma fighting game. Looked nice but horrible slowdown, unplayable. Nobody wanted it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2008, 4:20 am

betaflex1 wrote:
HeromanX wrote:
He probably did, but couldn't because he'd lent out his copy of F-Zero. XD
lol
Nah... back then I was a nice person... I only got very sad... fear
you know, it's tough to realize the ones you trust, take advantage of you... sad

Reel wrote:
He never brought it back and even when at first I went to his house I could never find him or he said he didn't have it. When I finally got it, it was a mess..... I don't know if he gave it to his dog to chew, or what.
lol
yeah. that's also a problem... you got your game back... but it's in bad shape... if you complain, they just say:
"it was like that... I swear... you gave it to me in that shape Arrogant "

crap... mad
Back to top Go down
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
Reel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2008, 12:27 am

That's true, although all failing carts usually needed was a real cleaning. When you're a kid you don't know how. But I'd hate to think how it would have been if trades were done with CD/DVD games, assuming they couldn't just be copied like they can today. Well gamecube and wii games can't be copied easily today.

Still, with me and the NES, at the end it was for nothing because when we moved I was forced to hand it down to a younger cousin including all games. Oh well at least I still have the SNES stuff somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2008, 3:50 am

Reel wrote:
That's true, although all failing carts usually needed was a real cleaning.

most of times... yes...
but very often you get your game in bad shape... I mean, maybe it's playable, but the box is ripped...
or the label is almost erased... fear
and it's not about if it's still useful... but about taking care about something you borrow from a friend ... mad
Back to top Go down
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2008, 6:43 pm

Soldier wrote:
Reel wrote:
That's true, although all failing carts usually needed was a real cleaning.

most of times... yes...
but very often you get your game in bad shape... I mean, maybe it's playable, but the box is ripped...
or the label is almost erased... fear
and it's not about if it's still useful... but about taking care about something you borrow from a friend ... mad

I remember had a 'friend' borrow The Guardian Legend in exchange for Anticipation for the NES. However, she never bothered to give TGL back (let alone, came back to the class period). I ended up keeping Anticipation, and having to buy another copy of TGL. Sad

However, I sort of regretted trading in my N64 for the Dreamcast (since I've done it before Super Smash Bros. and Perfect Dark came out). I also regretted my dad throwing out my Sega Saturn and some of my Saturn games, especially among them was MYSTERIA (since it was a "collectors" item, because the later changed the game's name to Blazing Heroes).
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2008, 2:43 am

iannafei wrote:
I remember had a 'friend' borrow The Guardian Legend in exchange for Anticipation for the NES. However, she never bothered to give TGL back (let alone, came back to the class period). I ended up keeping Anticipation, and having to buy another copy of TGL. Sad
What a shame... but at least, you remained with a game.. eh
many times, my "friends" borrowed my games, and didn't give me anything in exchange... sad

but I guess that kind of people lost more than any of us... I mean, we would never trust them again... neither call them "friends" Arrogant
Back to top Go down
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2008, 6:39 am

iannafei wrote:

Man thats something we never Anticipate...sorry bad pun! Anywho that why i hardly lend some one my games because and magazine. One time back in feb of 1992 My EGM magazine was never returned to me. i never trusted no one with me things. mad
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
HeromanX
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2008, 7:04 am

Ironically, I should probably point out that I'm letting my buddy borrow my $25 full copy of Dragon Warrior II for the NES while I'm borrowing his $10 copy of Devil May Cry for PS2. While it's not a bad exchange in terms of the quality of gameplay, it's a matter of having a rare excellent-condition game and a common good-condition game. I'm thinking of trading back here soon since he and his girlfriend are moving somewhere across town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is just...wow.   This is just...wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is just...wow.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valis Fantasm Soldiers :: Video Games-
Jump to: