Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Empty
PostSubject: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 2:29 am

In the third cutscene of Valis II PCE (I'm using the English version here), one of Valia’s two attendants from the MSX/x86/PC-88 series summons Yuko. I can’t make out her name... it sounds like “Juda.” Does anyone know if her name was mentioned in other games or in the manual or something? Is it Juda?

Incidentally, in the same scene, I can’t make out the name of the place that has been captured, but it sounds like “Validi”... I imagine that this is actually a bad transliteration of “Vanity.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

It's true.
There are 2 ladies supporting Valia, the thin lady is called "Juda" (her name was mentioned only once and only in 1 version of Valis II games, where in 1 version she has pink hair while the other version she has black-grey hair), the fat lady's name was never mentioned.

As for "Validi", I don't remember I read/heard that name before, but it's most likely a missing spelling for "Vanity" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
gorori
Vecanti Soldier
gorori

Male Number of posts : 81
Hobbies : I would like to give up creation to tell the truth.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

I think that it is the same name as Biblical Judah.

Contents which Judah has said
Vanity was invaded by Megas's army.
Our army was beaten and Vanity is already occupied.
Please go to the Vanity castle in a hurry.

--------------------------------------------------
PC-88
There is such description in Japanese.
Yuko is the soldier summoned to Vanity world by Valia.
Reiko is the soldier summoned to Vecanty world by Rogles.
It is indicated as explanation of valis.
I think that Vecanty is a coined word which becomes a meaning opposite to Vanity.
Back to top Go down
http://barrier.sakura.ne.jp/exceedeng/Top.html
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

gorori wrote:

Contents which Judah has said
Vanity was invaded by Megas's army.
Our army was beaten and Vanity is already occupied.
Please go to the Vanity castle in a hurry.

Thanks for confirming that! Smile

gorori wrote:
PC-88
There is such description in Japanese.
Yuko is the soldier summoned to Vanity world by Valia.
Reiko is the soldier summoned to Vecanty world by Rogles.
It is indicated as explanation of valis.
I think that Vecanty is a coined word which becomes a meaning opposite to Vanity.

Vecanti the counterpart of Vanity...? That's an interesting thought! I never really made the connection before Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

[quote="SuperSailor7"]
gorori wrote:
Vecanti the counterpart of Vanity...? That's an interesting thought! I never really made the connection before Shocked

Make since really Vecanti (Dark), Vanity (Light) Yin and Yang, Pork and Beans, PB & J (Peanut Buttle and Jelly), Juicy Steak with A1 Sauce and Ranch Dressing....ok I'm getting hungry now but you get the idea Extemely Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

Lord Adrian wrote:
Vecanti (Dark), Vanity (Light) Yin and Yang, Pork and Beans, PB & J (Peanut Buttle and Jelly), Juicy Steak with A1 Sauce and Ranch Dressing....ok I'm getting hungry now but you get the idea.

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I just read and take no responsibility for it wha
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

SuperSailor7 wrote:
Lord Adrian wrote:
Vecanti (Dark), Vanity (Light) Yin and Yang, Pork and Beans, PB & J (Peanut Buttle and Jelly), Juicy Steak with A1 Sauce and Ranch Dressing....ok I'm getting hungry now but you get the idea.

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I just read and take no responsibility for it wha

To some it up Vecanti and Vanity are two sides of the same coin. Vecanti (Dark/Yang), Vanity (Light/Yin).
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 5:54 pm

Lord Adrian wrote:
To some it up Vecanti and Vanity are two sides of the same coin. Vecanti (Dark/Yang), Vanity (Light/Yin).

I get it Laughing I was just wondering how a reference to pork and beans got into my topic... although, I must admit that steak is epic rabbit
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

SuperSailor7 wrote:
Lord Adrian wrote:

I get it Laughing I was just wondering how a reference to pork and beans got into my topic... although, I must admit that steak is epic rabbit

The use of Pork N Bean in a statement is another way of saying two objects going together. But I might have gone a little to far on the stake statement lol ---still a good medium well ribeye stake marinated in A1 stake sause with other seasonings and ranch dressing (I prefer Great Value Ranch from Wal-Marts, it goes with anything) for dipping sauce is the best. Still what's this have to do with Valis I have no idea---I guess I got steak on the mind happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)   Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valia's attendant's name? (Valis II PCE)
Page 1 of 1