Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SRS reviews - Valis III

Go down 
+4
Soldier
HeromanX
Valis
PopfulMail
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PopfulMail
School Student
PopfulMail

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-14

SRS reviews - Valis III Empty
PostSubject: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 3:18 am

I hope you guys will enjoy it. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://thesrs.deviantart.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 3:24 am

YES Thats why he's our friend.
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 9:43 am

I loved the review. ^^ SRS is a nice guy. Smile

The only thing I've noticed is the extreme hate towards Valis X within the Valis community. My opinion is that while it ruined the integrity of the series, it's still another Valis game. If you look at it objectively, it's got amazing art and brings the quality of the animation to a new level. It disappointed me when it wasn't a continuation of the series, sure, but as a way to bring Valis into the current generation, I think it was a nice start if even in the wrong direction. I can't hate it for that, and being the hentai that I am, Valis X is probably a game I would much enjoy, so I can't share the same kind of hatred that you guys have. heh heh

Otherwise, his other under-rated games were all pretty epic. =D I've owned Exile and it is a really fun game to play through. El Viento is another great Valis-like game. Never played Rocket Knight Adventures, but I was expecting him to pull out Ys III and make it an entirely Renovation-based line up. heh-heh
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 9:19 pm

I guess you'll gain some enemies here... lol

HeromanX wrote:
... but as a way to bring Valis into the current generation, I think it was a nice start if even in the wrong direction. I can't hate it for that, and being the hentai that I am, Valis X is probably a game I would much enjoy, so I can't share the same kind of hatred that you guys have. heh heh
long time ago, we had a discussion like this, and maybe it fits better in another topic... heh-heh

I also love hentai... Embarassed
I think it is ok, if a fan makes his own H-version of the game... I mean, you may love the series in some other way....

But I felt very sad to know it was Telenet, the CREATORS, the ones who did this...
come on... this is like raping your own daughter... fear

but that's my opinion...
for me, Valis X must not be considered as part of the series...

it's just another hentai game ... and that's it. wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
HeromanX
HeromanX

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 10:46 pm

Soldier wrote:
I guess you'll gain some enemies here... lol

long time ago, we had a discussion like this, and maybe it fits better in another topic... heh-heh

I also love hentai... Embarassed
I think it is ok, if a fan makes his own H-version of the game... I mean, you may love the series in some other way....

But I felt very sad to know it was Telenet, the CREATORS, the ones who did this...

but that's my opinion...

I've never considered it canon to the series, no. But I agree: Telenet definitely took it in a direction only the fanboys should. When they could've put the same effort into making another installment in the series, they wasted it on fanservice. I gather that's the main reason everyone hates Valis X.

Though to be honest, since it's off their slimy hands, we now have proof that Valis is still alive and that there is a lot of promise for it in the future SHOULD the company who owns the rights decide to take it further. Though to think on it a bit, no Valis game would really have the Valis feel without Wolf Team collaborating on it. =/
Back to top Go down
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 11:26 pm

Soldier wrote:

but that's my opinion...

Yeah i mean incesting there own company. Not to mention Valis...... indeed
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 11:30 pm

Soldier wrote:
come on... this is like raping your own daughter...

The comment of the year... yeah! chu
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2008, 2:39 am

I read comments of some hentai-fans about Valis X, even those hentai-fans didn't like it

I read comments of some gamers, they also didn't like it as a game.

and most importantly, I found that almost all Valis-fans didn't like Valis X and didn't considered it as a game of the series

Soldier wrote:
come on... this is like raping your own daughter...

I agree with Soldier. Telenet created Valis as Hentai to gain more cash, it's like asking your own wife to be a b**** to gain money for you mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2008, 3:09 pm

HeromanX wrote:
Though to be honest, since it's off their slimy hands, we now have proof that Valis is still alive and that there is a lot of promise for it in the future SHOULD the company who owns the rights decide to take it further. Though to think on it a bit, no Valis game would really have the Valis feel without Wolf Team collaborating on it. =/

Well... somehow you're right... after all that time waiting for a game of Valis, a Valis game finally appeared... eh
somehow, they still remember the Valis Warriors Ladies...

But, they screwed it by making Valis X, I don' think they decide to make another Valis action game, they will only keep creating Hentai Games... meh

Do you think someday they will just say to fans:

"Look, this is the true: Valis Fantasm Solider, Episode 5... nothing happened... Oops "

unfortunately, I don't think so.... sad
Back to top Go down
Zalure
Daydreaming Soldier
Zalure

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 12:06 am

*gives video stamp of win*
Back to top Go down
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2008, 1:17 pm

*Emerges from the shadows of beef, with creepy, mystic eye effects!*
Ah yes.. Valis III. Good choice, if I say so, myself, and definitely underappreciated as it is (as well as El Viento). I remember playing this, and enjoyed every bit of it to the end. Good visuals and music, but definitely a good storyline, with a good ending, and good gameplay. A shame it was rather underappreciated... then again, a lot of Anime-esque games ported to the US at the time must've not had a lot of popularity (given that Anime, itself, didn't have a lot of popularity).

I also feel The Guardian Legend was underappreciated. Good ol' classic of an action-adventure game (with a very touching intro by whoever left the message) that, oddly enough, did not see light as Metroid did. At least the Blue Lander had a sequel, although would be nice for Alyssa to have her's as well... Or maybe it was a hit, but was such a clear-cut story that one really can't sequel it without screwing everything up (an example of said method of screwing up will be right about...).

As for Valis X: the Angus does not approve of this fallacy by Telenet. Yes, it is true ANYTHING involving beautiful animated women will most likely result in a fan-made hentai in one way or another. By caving in to those desires, the developers themselves shame themselves by lowering themselves to hentai fanboy standards. A great way to show how they evolved their artwork with how beautiful they made the Valis characters, but then making it a hentai--their OWN work--is the equivalent of slapping themselves in the crotch with their own dead dog (twist on words courtesy of Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation).

Would it be a treat to see, I don't know... Yuko and Cham having a teen make-out session? Most likely. Should it be made official when it defies the meaning of Valis: a series about a sword from Vecanti being passed down from chosen warrior to chosen warrior as these valiant women risk their lives to ensure hell doesn't break loose? Most definitely NOT! Let the fanboys have their hentai obsessions. (Although I think Telenet took a peek from Alien from the Darkness and decided: 'Hey! They have girl-on-girl and tentacle scenes! Let's try it with Valis!'... For shame...)

Another good analogy: Making Valis into a hentai would be like the creators of Sailor Moon making a hentai.

But, it can't be refuted that if something will make money, often the Developers will do anything to milk it for all its worth. If going from Castlevania to Hentai will make them money, they'll least likely revive the classics the old-school Valis fans enjoyed and will continue to cave in to the hentai standard (as we know hentai games are created just to get a vivid view of womanly parts and the torture--or tender care--of said parts). It is somewhat of an interesting way to revive this relic of the late 80s and early 90s, but as mentioned before: they slapped themselves in the crotch with their own dead dog. It'll have to be up to classic Valis fans to maintain the memory so that the action games that preceded the officialized hentai do not dissolve away and turn Valis into another example of 'Series gone Hentai'. Otherwise, Valis will end up joining Variable Geo until both and any like the two become figments of the past.

Valis 3: great game. Valis X: sad case of caving into hentai fanboys as an excuse to revive a series from over 10 years after Valis 4... and Super Valis 4 was not a bad game. Butchered, like Sailor Moon when it was ported over to the US, but not bad (or at least not as bad as the butchered US port of Sailor Moon).

*Hears the calling of the Angus* I shall return... *Vanishes back into the shadows of beef*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2008, 4:45 pm

5:24-5:26! LOL! good reason.
Back to top Go down
HeromanX
HeromanX

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2008, 10:14 pm

betaflex1 wrote:
Another good analogy: Making Valis into a hentai would be like the creators of Sailor Moon making a hentai.

Actually, Sailor Moon was originally a soft-core hentai. In case you didn't know, the Sailor Scouts were entirely nude during their Japanese transformation sequences. This was obviously edited in the US conversion so as to not offend parents of kids who watched the show. And all this is aside from all the butchering of things. Though to be honest, there's more to it than the nudity. After all, America doesn't like pedophiles. Damien being 20-something and Serena being 14-16 would be just that. Razz Thus furthering that your analogy was bad. XD

If you want a real good analogy, it'd be like the creators of Fist of the North Star making a hardcore yaoi from it, complete with exploding balls of steel. Or perhaps even better: Nintendo making a Zelda, Mario, or Metroid hentai game.
Back to top Go down
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2008, 11:17 pm

Welcome to the forum betaflex1... I hadn't heard of you until now... geek

Actually, making and analogy, it's impossible... no one has ever do something like that.. mad
Telenet made an attrocity... pale

I really can't believe that.... It's just nonsense...
well, maybe they wanted to have all the money for themselves...
if a fan makes hentai from Valis, and sells it (there is a lot already... meh ), then the fan gets the money...
if the very creators make it.. they have the copyright after all... they get the more money ... mad

about Sailor Moon... well... I guess that's for another topic... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitimeSat 10 May 2008, 1:00 am

*Pokes his head out of the shadows*
My thanks, Soldier, for the welcome. I'm actually tempted to check out Valis X, despite being disgusted by how the creators of Valis would turn it from action to hentai... just out of curiosity. If it is a money scheme to go that way, perhaps there is a larger market for hentai games than we expect... that or maybe a market for 2D side-scrolling action is smaller than anticipated. Still a shame something beautiful was turned that way by the Devs. Stuff like that should be left to hentai fans.

Hm... my analogy was foiled! O_o! Ah well, it happens. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRS reviews - Valis III   SRS reviews - Valis III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SRS reviews - Valis III
Page 1 of 1