Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst game you've ever played

Go down 
+14
Mako Crab
Silent_Protagonist
Keiichi_Maebara
Valis
Lord Adrian
The Red Spectra
iannafei
Zalure
evilReiko
Soldier
EXTASY
Antifarea
ZeLoz (akaBill)
gallagher
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gallagher
Ordinary Soldier
gallagher

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Worst game you've ever played Empty
PostSubject: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 10:17 am

What games are worst in your opinion?

In my opinion,worst games are:Tom and Jerry(SNES);Hercules:Legendary journeys(N64);Daikatana(N64;PC version wasn't so bad after large patching action);Onslaught(Genesis)
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:39 pm

Hmm... topics like these could start arguments, for some people could absolutely hate games that others hold dear.

In any case, I absolutely hated Bart vs. The Juggernauts for the Game Boy. That licensed piece of crap was nothing but an exercise in masochism, not to mention ridiculously impossible. Which is ironic, because The Simpsons is one of my favorite TV shows. Even Baseball for the Game Boy was vaguely enjoyable torture.

Friday the 13th for the NES was pretty bad, too.
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
Antifarea
Ordinary Soldier
Antifarea

Male Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Pixel Art, Coffee, Tea, Yuenglins, Music, Movies, Anime, Game development, Videogames...
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 6:53 pm

Oh man, to be honest, there are lots of bad games I played before... the karate kid for nes was really bad. Castlevania 2 was bad, I mean, it wasn't well balanced, compared to part 3. I know they were different games but still, 3 was a whole lot better. And lastly, devil may cry 2, the worst game I ever played.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antifarea.com/
EXTASY
Daydreaming Soldier
EXTASY

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 10:12 pm

HK97 (SFC/SNES)
That game is SOOOOOOO bad but I laughed so bad when I was playing it
Back to top Go down
http://extasydog.spaces.live.com/
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 2:39 am

Nice topic! Very Happy
but a bit difficult to say... Oops
I have not played lot of games, and there are lot of things to take in count to decide... Rolling Eyes
let me think... I used to buy my games, so I don't hate any of them...
let me think I'll come with something soon... happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 3:52 am

hmmmm..
I hate many ones and loved many others, but I can't remember the ones I hate heh-heh
right now, the only game that I can remember that I really hate is:

Tetris (all versions, all platforms lol )
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
gallagher
Ordinary Soldier
gallagher

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 1:08 pm

ZeLoz (akaBill) wrote:
Hmm... topics like these could start arguments, for some people could absolutely hate games that others hold dear.
Well that's not bad idea...well I'll write why I hate the games I wrote...

Tom and Jerry(N64):Weird controls(3 buttons to fire,while 2 makes Jerry throw green ball in cca -15 degrees and third throws it 15 degrees up),bad music,boring levels...there are lots of mistakes.

Hercules(N64):Whole game is too slow for me,fighting is boring and very hard,because Hercules is slug in the game.

Daikatana(N64):Bad controls(playing it with gamepad was nightmare),Unballanced difficulty(1st episode was hard because of turrets,while other episodes was way more easier),bad graphics.As I said,Daikatana for PC was much better(after large patch surgery)

Onslaught:Boring gameplay,no SFX(i don't know if it was because of bad ROM) and graphics.

This should be enough of my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Zalure
Daydreaming Soldier
Zalure

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 12:35 pm

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Mario Party (all of them)
All fighting games not named Smash Bros.

inb4smashbrosisntafightinggame.
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 5:13 pm

you hate Halo wtf I didn't play any of Halo games, but I always hear from people that it's a very good game, this is first time I hear someone hates it lol

and lol! I was gonna mention Mario & Sonic, I don't like them lol lol lol for some reason which I can't understand, why SO MANY fans for these 2 games ow wtf I don't get it wtf (sorry Mario/Sonic fans, but it's just that I don't like them fear )
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 11:23 pm

Well, I think Halo certainly gets more credit than it deserves. Personally, I think Red Faction was a better game, though it didn't get showered with praises, awards, flash parodies, and YouTube poops like the Halo series did. I really don't see what is so good about Halo (besides the pre-Halo 2 needler), but maybe I'm a bit biased against newer FPSs and crimically overhyped and overrated games.

Now, as for the Mario and Sonic series, if you grew up with these franchises back in the 90s, you'd get why they're so good. Their games revolutionized gaming back in their heyday, and people still remember them fondly to this day (at least Mario. Sonic's recent games haven't been that good, honestly).

And as for Tetris, along with other puzzle games, I find it much more fun competing against another player. Some variations of Tetris provide competitive play, where your scoring brings your opponent closer to defeat with things like extra lines and such. Of course, I believe games like Puyo Puyo and Panel de Pon carry out this sense of competitive play better with their systems of countering and such.

I'm a puzzle junkie. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 4:22 am

Oops well... arguments started... heh-heh
In my case.. I just love Halo... can't say why... happy
but it's my very personnal taste for blood ... razz
I loved a film named Black Hawk Down... and when I played Halo...
I just... just loved it... Chu
but maybe it has to do also, that I played in cooperative with my bro...
and those battles really were amazing... happy

About Tetris... well.. I love Tetris Attack... heh heh
I always wanted to play with someone skilled... my game mates suck at these games... fear
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
gallagher
Ordinary Soldier
gallagher

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 10:13 am

Halo isn't bad at all(I played 1st one on PC),but it has one bad thing...boring singleplayer.1st 4 levels were good,but then stereotype appears and rest of game was boring.Maybe multiplayer is good,but I haven't fast enough internet and Xbox is too expensive for me.
Back to top Go down
Zalure
Daydreaming Soldier
Zalure

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 3:11 pm

Edited.

Last edited by Zalure on Mon 14 Mar 2016, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 3:59 pm

you know, about recent FPS games, I noticed that each person sticks playing to 1 FPS games, see this:

my supervisor loves playing Gears of War 2
one of my friends love playing Battlefield
a guy a met said love playing Medal of Honor
my cousin love playing Counter Strike
I love playing Unreal Tournament 3 lol

I mean, these people may play some other FPS games, but they stick to their fav game, playing it 24/7, and whenever there is a new episode of their fav game, they buy it quickly wha have you noticed this noes

talking about Unreal Tournament 3, I LOVE this FPS slaughtering game, with its great gameplay and super-amazing graphics, but only few servers exist and not much of people prefer it Crying or Very sad I don't understand why wtf

as for Sonic/Mario, I used to play them and enjoyed my time, but I can't stand the unbelievable so many fans for these 2 games. (I don't really mean I hate them, I do like them, but not to be a fan noes ). and that includes Tetris as well.
Back to top Go down
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 12:27 am

Well, the worst game I ever recall playing is Hydlide (not sure I spelled it right) for the NES. I mean, you really had no sense of where you're supposed to go, you get creamed within the first few seconds of game play, and the attack controls stink 'cause you need to hold down the button to attack when you get in front of the enemy or else you go in "defense" mode (which allows you easily be clobbered by the enemy). Of course, that wouldn't make a difference anyway 'cause even if you're in attack mode, you're still going to be clobbered.

Other than that one, there hasn't really been any "bad" games I've played. May be some games that were so-so, but had some good points that didn't really make it bad.

gallagher wrote:
Onslaught:Boring gameplay,no SFX(i don't know if it was because of bad ROM) and graphics.

Your ROM isn't bad. From what I recall, Onslaught only gave you the option of choosing music (no SFX) or SFX (no music), which really doesn't really make much sense. Anyway, I thought the game itself was okay, but it was kind of...meh. I mean, you really had no sense of progression in that game.

ZeLoz (akaBill) wrote:
And as for Tetris, along with other puzzle games, I find it much more fun competing against another player.

I do definitely agree with that. True, some puzzle games have "quest" modes where you compete with CPU players that you must beat to move on to the next. But once you finish those modes, there is really not much else. Besides, human players tend to be less perdictable than CPU ones.
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
The Red Spectra

Male Number of posts : 351
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 1:37 am

Let's see...

- Time Killers - A game that came out during that "Hey guys, let's make a controversial fighting game with fatalities" era in the early 90s. This game is shit. Pure and simple. Like, everything about this game was terrible. Everything. It's "plot", it's characters, it's mechanics, the way it looked...everything. I kinda remember the arcade board. I probably hated that, too. Also, my computer's power supply died while I was "playing" it (Read: mashing all the buttons at the same time to do "moves").

- Blood Storm - This was also made by the same people that made Time Killers (Strata Games). Just as bad, if not way worse.

- Rise Of The Robots - This one is infamous. First off, for an SNES game, it looks fantastic. Hell, even conceptually, it sounded awesome. It was a fighting game. With Robots. It was like a wet dream (I was, what, 12?). To me, there could be no wrong with that. At all. Like, it's because of games like Rise Of The Robots that I HATE the video game company Acclaim. All their ads were like "Yeah, this game kicks ass" and stuff like that. They never delivered. Ever. Back to it. Rise Of The Robots...God, what can't I say about it. It was sluggish, played horrible and was really hard. It's like they sunk all the money into the games visuals and nothing else. I really hated it. I cursed myself for renting it.

...that's all for now.

Man, I wanna burn some of these games on to a disc, then break it.
Back to top Go down
http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009, 5:54 am

The Red Spectra wrote:
Man, I wanna burn some of these games on to a disc, then break it.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 10:31 pm

Like I've said on the Bethseda Forums...
Alone in the Dark for the 360...worst controlls ever mad !!!

I know there's remake on the PS3 but I just can't find myself playing it again huh .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 7:28 am

Total Recall
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 6:22 pm

Valis77 wrote:
Total Recall

Great friggin' movie, shitty ass game.

Off subject but, they want to remake the movie.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 9:29 pm

The Red Spectra wrote:
Valis77 wrote:
Total Recall

Great friggin' movie, shitty ass game.

Off subject but, they want to remake the movie.

Noooooooooo fear !!! Total Recall (the movie) was a classic, they tried to make a tv series but that came out more of a Blade Runnerish (don't get me wrong I love Blade Runner). Now here's an interesting question was Quaid's visit to Mars real or---was it part of the Rekall experance.
Back to top Go down
Keiichi_Maebara
School Student

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSun 04 Apr 2010, 3:28 am

Threads of Fate was pretty torturous for me. Sorry excuse for an rpg. Beyond the Beyond was also pretty bad. Hands down though the worst game I've ever played though has to be Ephemerial Fantasia. Horrible plotline,bad graphics and the battles put me to sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkroguesworld.webs.com/
Silent_Protagonist
Admin
Silent_Protagonist

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 8:48 am

Too many to count. I'll try to single one out later. X.x
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 8:59 am

DanTheMan!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers Finally you showed up rabbit Chu *dance* eee
Back to top Go down
Mako Crab
Legend in Training
Mako Crab

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm

My 2 cents:

Double Dragon- NES
- This goes for Double Dragon 2 as well. Both of these games are pretty good- at first. They're decent beat 'em ups until you get to the final levels of the game. Then the game kind of has an identity crisis. It suddenly decides that it wants to be a platformer with all kinds of tricky jumps. The problem with this is that the control scheme of DD is not suited for platforming. Pressing A+B to jump is difficult and does not lend itself well to precision jumping. Not to mention that stupid wall in the final level with the blocks that would push you off the ledge. If ever there were a prime example of cheap deaths, there it is.

Magician Lord- Neo Geo
- I remember having fun with this game in the arcade. I liked it enough that I snagged the Neo Geo compilation on the PS2. I soon learned that once you get to the later levels, it all becomes a maddening grind through endless waves of enemies and more cheap deaths than you can shake a bag of quarters at. Definitely from the era of robbing kids of all their quarters.

Mortal Kombat: Special Forces- playstation
- Easily the worst game I have ever played on the PS1. Everything about it was unfinished. And considering it came out so near the end of the PS1's life, it had no business looking as bad as it did. Gameplay was broken. Camera was broken. Everything was broken. Oh yeah, and they tossed in a blocky, naked polygonal woman in a shower to try and add some shock value. But all I could think when I saw her was, why is she taking a shower in the basement of a warehouse while gunfights are raging all around?

Oni- PS2
- Nice cover art. That's about the best that can be said about this thing. I gave it a go once, but couldn't even make it out of the training stage. I like to think I'm fairly competent when it comes to video games, but this thing was just grating on my nerves. Not to mention that the main character's support team consisted of a bubbly girl with the squeakiest voice ever, and she always had to be talking. I couldn't take much more of that game. And like Special Forces, the environments looked sparce and barren. I've seen PS1 games that looked better.
Back to top Go down
Lord Adrian
Lord Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:05 pm

Mako Crab wrote:
My 2 cents:

Oni- PS2
- Nice cover art. That's about the best that can be said about this thing. I gave it a go once, but couldn't even make it out of the training stage. I like to think I'm fairly competent when it comes to video games, but this thing was just grating on my nerves. Not to mention that the main character's support team consisted of a bubbly girl with the squeakiest voice ever, and she always had to be talking. I couldn't take much more of that game. And like Special Forces, the environments looked sparce and barren. I've seen PS1 games that looked better.

Oni I remember that game---I actually liked it What a Face .
Back to top Go down
Mako Crab
Legend in Training
Mako Crab

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:22 pm

Maybe I gave up on it too soon, but I just wasn't hooked into it. I watched a youtube video of someone playing it, and still couldn't shake the feeling that the levels look desolate and lifeless.
Back to top Go down
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 1:12 am

Mako Crab wrote:

Magician Lord- Neo Geo
- ...Definitely from the era of robbing kids of all their quarters.

That sounds like every other NeoGeo game.
Back to top Go down
Mako Crab
Legend in Training
Mako Crab

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:16 pm

So true.
Back to top Go down
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 1:48 am

The Red Spectra wrote:
Mako Crab wrote:

Magician Lord- Neo Geo
- ...Definitely from the era of robbing kids of all their quarters.

That sounds like every other NeoGeo game.

Heh...so true!

Then again, if you're shelling out quarters to finish an arcade game or whatever, it doesn't make it too bad, right? (I mean, if you hated it, you'd just walk away?) Wink

On the other hand, despite the difficulty, I kinda liked Magician Lord. heh-heh
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst game you've ever played   Worst game you've ever played Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst game you've ever played
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next