Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RPG idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm

Well, I originally said I was going to try and make a fangame, that had Lena in it, but I don't think I can do the game right. Mostly because I would like to have a good story in it, I can't seem to think of one that would fit the 2D style.

But, an interesting idea came to mind, I maybe able to make an RPG! But I don't know of a good RPG making program, that I don't have to spend money on. I know there are a few good RPG making programs out there, and they would do the job nicely. But I can't find them.

Mainly if we're to get this idea, or project off the ground, we would need to work together on it. Such as a person to do most of the programming, such as the battle stats and maybe area setup. Of course, one person doesn't have to do all the work in one area, a few people can work together on it.

Mainly I would work on a number of the character sprites, like the over world and in battle sprites. So, I would send the sprites to the programmers to work with, along with the plot and dialog.

Also someone would be in charge of area setup, and layouts, such as for towns, dungeons, and the main world. I can make a rough draft of area layouts, to give an idea of area layouts.

Sounds, music and such, are fields I'm sure we can all contribute, also we would need an artist for mugshots. And if some of the mugshot things work the way I think they do, we can have more than one pic for each person.

What's the general plot, you maybe asking, along with who is the main person it will follow. Well, the story would follow Lena, a year or so after Valis IV. Lena has been traveling on her own for a bit, fighting any monsters or any form of evil she comes across, unaware that Cham is looking for her.

They would soon meet again, after the Sword of Valis losses it's power and her armor goes back to what she was wearing before for some reason. So, before I continue, please tell me your thoughts and opinions.
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 3:52 am

It's not hard to write a story for a 2D game, just keep the story simple and short Smile And it's not necessary to place Lena as the main character, because it's a fan game Very Happy

IMO, I don't think you will find people helping you with this, because it's like asking people to do the whole thing fear If you want to do it (2D or RPG or any other), build the game yourself, write a story, then, you will find people helping you filling up the missing gaps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 9:08 am

I agree with EvilReiko -- making a game, especially an RPG, is a pretty big undertaking. Most of the people here are busy working on other projects that are big as it is, so I don't think you'll find much support for this.

Personally, I would rather work on my art skills and get a handle on a real programming language before contributing to any games. That could mean the difference between making a typical fangame and making a game that people will actually play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

We could always try an RPG Maker take on Valis. It requires basic logic-handling skills, some pixel art (gorori would be good at that, if he's willing), and good story writing skills.

I've been kinda wanting to do just a remake of the original Valis as an RPG for years, but really haven't been up to doing it. Plus, with all the information now available to us, we can probably make the most accurate version of Valis I to date, completely filling in any story gaps - extra generals scattered about various versions, conflicting canon resolved, and more detailed explanations of the who, what, when, where, and why. Basically, the definitive Valis game. Smile

It'll probably be a long while before we see anything of that nature though - not only should we get a good team in on this (a writer, a programmer, an artist, a music arranger, etc.), but an RPG takes a long time to get from start to finish, especially as more of a hobby thing than an actual job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 1:21 pm

You guys are right as always, and I feel like such an idiot for asking certain things.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, but I feel kind of sorry for bringing it up. I just wanted to try and make a project we can get behind. But, I went about it the wrong way.

Mostly the problem with me trying to make a 2d fangame, is technically the program I'm using. The Games Factory. It is a good game making system and all, but it is a bit lack luster for what I would like to do. More or less, I can't exactly make a game, that feels authentic. It would have a bland feel to it, and the stages and enemies would be lacking a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is, that I need a decent game making program that actually fits the bill. But, that is starting to ask a bit much again, so I'll stop here. You guys should probably lock or delete this board.
Back to top Go down
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 9:16 pm

Mega Man model T 101 wrote:
You guys are right as always, and I feel like such an idiot for asking certain things... But, that is starting to ask a bit much again, so I'll stop here. You guys should probably lock or delete this board.

I think you're exaggerating. Delete the board if you want, but definitely don't feel like an idiot. Seems to me that's what this forum is for -- to discuss Valis-related stuff? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 9:54 pm

I did exaggerate a bit, but I guess I just wanted to try and contribute something other than just finding pictures on the internet, but I guess my fanfic is about all I can contribute. But, I may find a good RPG making program to work with, and make an RPG that you guys would enjoy.

I'm not sure when I'll find such a thing, without having to spend a whopping 30 dollars or more maybe. But when I do, I will let you guys know. So for the time being, let's continue like normal. The idea isn't a hundred percent gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RPG idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG idea   RPG idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPG idea
Page 1 of 1