Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valis
Administrator/Founder
Valis

Male Number of posts : 1025
Job : Dreamland
Hobbies : Gamer
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Empty
PostSubject: Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE   Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc

This sucks! are they serious?
Back to top Go down
https://valisfantasmsoldiers.forumotion.com
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE   Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 11:31 pm

I seldom swear on these forums but I'll do it once...What the FUCK is wrong with these people huh!!! This is the most stupiest thing I ever heard! First of all the government HAS NO RIGHTS to interfere with us gamers. We have as much rights to play and upload video's of us playing video games as I do eating chicken wings (which I'm doing right now). Second streaming videos or just doing Let's Plays IS NOT A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. I can understand if a game is beta and not ment to be out yet and someone downloads it and does a playthrough of it---THAT I can understand. But games that are already out (or even old games) it shouldn't matter.
When will these morons understand that videos of people playing these games also help in selling them, THAT'S FREE ADVRTISEMENT.
Our video's are hellping selling these game and the gaming compaines don't even have to pay us a dime...unless you're in some kind of partnership.
If this does pass---this might mark the end of alot of YouTube accounts if not YouTube period noes huh .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
RayguardKnight (SS7)
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 2)
RayguardKnight (SS7)

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE   Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Icon_minitimeSat 02 Jul 2011, 12:39 am

/Begin rant pirat

We are already dealing with secuROM and DRM on PC games (and some console games now), companies milking old games for years by rereleasing them untouched for multiple platforms, fan projects getting shut down, legal threats for having a backup copy of a game we own and paid for, buying DLC to add features to a game that it should have had at launch, and companies like Nintendo fighting against emulation of ancient games while not providing any alternative. And the fact that copyright can last up to 120 freakin' years. And the fact that it is illegal to RENT games in Japan, thanks to our friends in these game companies' legal departments.

Add to this these governments (United States, England, Canada) constantly trying to pass laws that invade our privacy online, drive up internet prices and continuously limit our bandwidth.

This bill is probably just another thing people will complain about until it passes, and then "get used to." Like gas prices Smile

/End rant
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RayguardKnight
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE   Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Icon_minitimeSat 02 Jul 2011, 2:16 am

SuperSailor7 wrote:

It's just like an artical I saw on my local news (News 9: My 2 Cents with Kelly Ogal) on tv where Kelly was talking about how the US Government should start getting involved with violent games being sold to minor (kids). I said basicly the same thing---The government has no right to tell people what games to buy and play. Just like with these Lp's of games old and new. I like watching Lp's of old game cause growing up I never saw or played alot of what I'm watching on YT today and some games that never made it to the US are finally being shown---and they're gems (Terranigma for exsample). All I have to say is governments and the game compaines should just chill. Game companies seldom re-release old games anyway although Nintendo does a good job of re-releasing old games from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE   Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill S.978 Will SHUT DOWN Gaming Videos and Streams EVERYWHERE
Page 1 of 1