Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Valis Games or Remakes?

Go down 
+10
betaflex1
Reel
ZeLoz (akaBill)
Alucard
Silent_Protagonist
Glacier36
Valis
evilReiko
Soldier
kevinski
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which would you prefer?
New Valis Games w/ All-New Characters
New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
New Valis Games w/ Returning Characters
New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
Remakes of Existing Valis Games
New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Reel
Ordinary Soldier
Reel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-04

New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 7:40 pm

Why just one or the other? Odds are if new games would happen, so would remakes. Of course it won't happen since hentai-ization is a one way street; I'm not talking about fan games either, that's another story.

But if we're just talking about 'what-if' I wouldn't mind seeing either. Remakes would be nice but it's not like there hasn't been that already. The PCE remake of Valis 1 is probably the best of the entire series. But speaking of Castlevania, new Valis games in the sort of exploration game, like SOTN & the 2d Castlevania games since (or Metroid which started it all), would be nice. This type is just a much better format than the classic stage by stage way, but a remake of the old games in this form wouldn't make much sense, so it would have to be new games.

New characters or old, I honestly think just the same old characters would be stupid since it wouldn't make sense and bend the old stories too much; there's already enough of that, it doesn't make games better. New characters can be tied to the old ones in the form of prequel or legendary story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:20 pm

I'd, personally, want to see a game that explains Lethus a little better so that it has more weight in the Valis storyline than simply being a plot device for Valis 3 and disappearing into nothingness.

If Lethus didn't appear until Valis 3, where the heck was the sword beforehand?
Since it didn't appear in Valis 4, where the heck did it go?
How was Lethus passed down?
Who had it before Ramses/Glames?
How did Ramses/Glames get a hold of it?

Many questions seem unanswered with Lethus, which could make an excellent series of games (at least two to explain pre-Valis 3 and post-Valis 3). Of course, with that in mind it would mean having a large batch of fresh characters for the Lethus story arc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008, 4:27 am

Reel wrote:
New characters or old, I honestly think just the same old characters would be stupid since it wouldn't make sense and bend the old stories too much; there's already enough of that, it doesn't make games better. New characters can be tied to the old ones in the form of prequel or legendary story.
You're right... but probably, producers will prefer using old characters... all because they know fans prefer their beloved characters...
Everybody in here, think my sweet Lena should have never existed... sad eyes
Thay wanted to see a Valis 4, and Yuko again... and again... heh heh
so, I'm sure, if a new Valis game appears, they will bring back Yuko... otherwise, fans won't look for it... meh

Betaflex1 wrote:
Many questions seem unanswered with Lethus, which could make an excellent series of games (at least two to explain pre-Valis 3 and post-Valis 3).
this could be another solution... making games before, or in the middle of action... that way, they will be able to add both known characters as well as new ones...
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
Shadow Blade
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008, 3:59 pm

Really I need to remember you who's the main character in Valis V/Coliseum? ugh
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
iannafei
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008, 11:19 pm

I'd like to see a prequel of Valis of sorts, probably explaining the origins of Leetheus and Valis (Also one that explains WHO exactly are those two warriors are in the intro of the Turbo Duo/PCE version of Valis 3).

A direct sequel to Valis 4 would be nice too, since Lena hadn't really had her time to shine. Even if they go all Metroidvania on it (or do it similar to the Japanese PC versions of Valis 2), it would be cool as well.

Shadow Blade wrote:
Really I need to remember you who's the main character in Valis V/Coliseum? ugh

Heh... lol!

Anyway, how's the progress on the game, Shadow Blade?

I'm certainly looking forward to Valis Coliseum. I'd also be interested in other Valis-related (non-hentai, preferably) fan-projects too.
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
Shadow Blade
Shadow Blade

Male Number of posts : 311
Job : What's a job?
Hobbies : Photoshop coloring and writting fics.
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 10:29 pm

The progress is pretty nice, and the game haves a good history, actually you can read a little introduction to the story in the web (clic on the Valis V banner) bounce
Back to top Go down
http://valkyrie-project.deviantart.com
Lord Adrian
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 4)
Lord Adrian

Male Number of posts : 539
Job : video editor and gamer
Hobbies : Drawing, playing the keyboard and playing games.
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 12:02 am

I like all three choices. I would love to play a new Valis game with both new and old characters Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://sbcmarine81@yahoo.com
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

Male Number of posts : 351
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 1:57 am

I'm gonna go with whoever said "Valis" and "Metroidvania" in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 3:56 am

I accept all, as long as it's well-written story and fun Chu

If I have to choose one, maybe remake is better happy eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Valis Games or Remakes?   New Valis Games or Remakes? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Valis Games or Remakes?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2