Valis Fantasm Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valis Fantasm Soldiers

Fantasm Soldiers and Mighty Maidens UNITE!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

unforgottable fav anime ever

Go down 
+20
doctorx0079
ChronoBall X
Silent_Protagonist
s1rr0n
TurboYuko16
betaflex1
ZeLoz (akaBill)
Aolish
iannafei
Warlord_Axe
HeromanX
Eternity
XYXZYZ
Valis
SparDanger
Soldier
The Red Spectra
Zalure
Jervin
evilReiko
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HeromanX
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 1)
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 7:00 pm

Wrath...that was pretty good too. ^_^ In fact, that was my first anime DVD ever. I still cherish it to this day. chu

Anyway, I think I've found my haven...my circle of comrades in this life of a hybrid gamer/otaku. I never would've thought I'd have met true Valis fans, let alone the same group who knows Blood Reign, Wrath of the Ninja, Grappler Baki, and more. Very Happy I must say you guys are the coolest group of people ever. If only we could meet each other at the convention I'm working at, the site would be complete. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
Aolish
Ordinary Soldier
Aolish

Male Number of posts : 28
Job : Sales
Hobbies : LP watching and Gaming
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 11:30 am

It'd have to be:

Ranma
Yugioh
DBZ series

there are probably more that i just can't remember right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbuE_rbAh0A
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Male Number of posts : 120
Job : Cart Pusher
Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008, 5:48 am

Blood + (I now own all episodes, and the first novel!)
Ranma 1/2 (I consider this better than Inuyasha)
and Tenchi Muyo.

I'm more of a sub fan, myself. I might just post a topic about the advantages and disadvantages of subs and dubs. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
http://zeloz-akabill.deviantart.com
The Red Spectra
Valis Fantasm Soldier (Armor: Level 3)
The Red Spectra

Male Number of posts : 351
Job : Messenger/Clerk.
Hobbies : Music. Cats. Anime. Roller Derby. Retro Gaming.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:50 am

ZeLoz (akaBill) wrote:
Blood + (I now own all episodes, and the first novel!)
Ranma 1/2 (I consider this better than Inuyasha)
and Tenchi Muyo.

I'm more of a sub fan, myself. I might just post a topic about the advantages and disadvantages of subs and dubs. Hmm...

I prefer subs over dubs, but, yeah, I have to admit, there are certain shows that I prefer in English. Among those is Cowboy Bebop. Personally, I think the dub is better cast than the original. But, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://muchosugoi.blogspot.com
Soldier
Lena’s Dreams Bearer
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 516
Job : duh.... Umbrella Corportation...??
Hobbies : No time left... to hell with work!
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008, 4:16 am

Well... luckily for me, I live in a country where dubs have pertty good quality... for example, In my case , I loved Evangelion more in Spanish than Japanese.... geek

the problem with Dubs, I think, is the change of words or expresions... sometimes, it trashes away the whole idea... fear
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 1:09 am

HeromanX wrote:
The Red Spectra wrote:
HeromanX wrote:
Currently watching Big O Season 1, but honestly...I work at an anime shop, so I constantly get to see what's coming out and what's out there to watch now. Ironically, I haven't watched too much anime. =. Though my top three movies are Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma, Grappler Baki, and X/1999. Akira is also a timeless masterpiece, but it gets so much recognition. heh-heh

Curse Of The Undead Yoma was amazing. Personally, to me, it was everything that Ninja Scroll should have been, but, wasn't (I don't like Ninja Scroll. I'm sorry).

The Grappler Baki series is pretty ridiculous. Or are you talking about the 45 minute OVA movie thing? Either way, Baki kicks ass.

I agree. I haven't yet seen Ninja Scroll, but honestly, any ninja OVA would have to really try hard to trump it. I don't think it's the best ninja movie, but considering when it was made, it should've gotten more praise throughout the community. The soundtrack, to me, is worth almost as much as the movie. If there's anything else I'd kill for other than Yuko, it'd be for THAT soundtrack. And maybe some Daft Punk. Razz

As well, I haven't seen any of the Baki the Grappler episodes. I've only watched the OVA and that's the sickest action flick I've seen. In my opinion it trumps DBZ, but only because it has the style of Fist of the North Star and the hardcore action of the former. Fist is beautiful. Baki is amazing. d ^_^ b

Though it's really nice to finally meet others who recognize these two perfectly good titles for what they are: underrated masterpieces.

The Fist Of The North Star series is epic. I can honestly say that sometimes, that show had me holding back tears. It's so good.

Grappler Baki (the series) is ridiculous. The episodes I saw were badly subtitled. I mean, at one point they were about to enter a jungle/forest and one of the characters said something about it being more dangerous than a Bronx(, NY) neighborhood at night...which cracked me up, because I live in The Bronx.

God, I hope I can find Curse Of The Undead YOMA this weekend at NY Anime Fest. I'm gonna be broke after this, lol.
Back to top Go down
betaflex1
Vecanti Soldier
betaflex1

Male Number of posts : 94
Hobbies : Blowing stuff up, female leads, obscure/less-known games, DOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 1:55 am

Unforgettable... hm...

I haven't seen Hokuto no Ken, but from the clips and bits I've caught I definitely want it! (Not to confuse with its remake, New Fist of the North Star)
Records of Lodoss Wars is also a fine piece of classic goodness. Even the movie wasn't too bad (can't remember its name), I still have yet to see the second season, but the first was legendary.
BASTARD!!... I love its sick twists on the fantasy world (and as much as Arshes Nei makes a damn good Dark Elf, Dark Schneider takes the cake for awesome), despite being only 6 episodes.
Iczelion, supposedly being part of the Iczer series, wasn't too bad. Pretty brutal for what could be close to a Magical Girl anime. I have the two Iczer DVDs, which I still have yet to watch.
I saw a Dirty Pair movie (something about Eden), which was quite cute and silly, as was also serious to the core.
Excel Saga is a barrel of laughs. For hentai parodies, Puni Puni Poemi stands right by Excel Saga's side (considering both are from the same creator. lol ) I'll also stick Cromartie High in this section of randomness since (even if it wasn't from the same creator) I found it to be hilarious.
Street Fighter II V was pretty good, with quite a bit of emphasis on the Street Fighting (whereas the live-action movie with Jean Claude Van Damme... ugh )
Ninja Scroll, as a series, is not too shabby. The movie simply kicked ass.
Godannar... eh... Mecha anime with some fanservice. Numerous shots involved a girl's/woman's chest, hips, or butt, or something involving were seen. It does have its dramatic moments with its action moments and romance moments, so it does fill a wide spectrum of elements in the anime which somehow weave with one another (not very strong weaving, but decent). I liked it, though.
Princess Minerva, considering it was made as a bit of a prequel to the SNES/TCD RPG game, wasn't too bad for an anime that's about women with skills. I could say it is a yuri anime that's bare-minimal to nonexistent on fanservice, but the only thing close to yuri that I saw with it was the relationship Minerva and Blue Morris shared, both as a servant to a princess and a friend to a friend. It can get very touching, and overall the anime is not that bad.

And to stick one in for my little sister:
Those Who Hunt Elves. It shares a sense of humor similar to Sorceror Hunters: a group of people that often get tied up in some weird shit and have issues amongst one another. In TWHE's case: a sports player, an actress, a tank operator, an Elf that screwed up a spell, and a possessed tank describe that Motley Crue of a group. Why do they hunt Elves? Simple: strip 'em for runes to a critical spell. I'm sure you can figure out the rest (and no, it is not a hentai). It made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/betaflex1
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 12:40 am

betaflex1 wrote:
Unforgettable... hm...

I haven't seen Hokuto no Ken, but from the clips and bits I've caught I definitely want it! (Not to confuse with its remake, New Fist of the North Star)
Records of Lodoss Wars is also a fine piece of classic goodness. Even the movie wasn't too bad (can't remember its name), I still have yet to see the second season, but the first was legendary.
BASTARD!!... I love its sick twists on the fantasy world (and as much as Arshes Nei makes a damn good Dark Elf, Dark Schneider takes the cake for awesome), despite being only 6 episodes.
Iczelion, supposedly being part of the Iczer series, wasn't too bad. Pretty brutal for what could be close to a Magical Girl anime. I have the two Iczer DVDs, which I still have yet to watch.
I saw a Dirty Pair movie (something about Eden), which was quite cute and silly, as was also serious to the core.
Excel Saga is a barrel of laughs. For hentai parodies, Puni Puni Poemi stands right by Excel Saga's side (considering both are from the same creator. lol ) I'll also stick Cromartie High in this section of randomness since (even if it wasn't from the same creator) I found it to be hilarious.
Street Fighter II V was pretty good, with quite a bit of emphasis on the Street Fighting (whereas the live-action movie with Jean Claude Van Damme... ugh )
Ninja Scroll, as a series, is not too shabby. The movie simply kicked ass.
Godannar... eh... Mecha anime with some fanservice. Numerous shots involved a girl's/woman's chest, hips, or butt, or something involving were seen. It does have its dramatic moments with its action moments and romance moments, so it does fill a wide spectrum of elements in the anime which somehow weave with one another (not very strong weaving, but decent). I liked it, though.
Princess Minerva, considering it was made as a bit of a prequel to the SNES/TCD RPG game, wasn't too bad for an anime that's about women with skills. I could say it is a yuri anime that's bare-minimal to nonexistent on fanservice, but the only thing close to yuri that I saw with it was the relationship Minerva and Blue Morris shared, both as a servant to a princess and a friend to a friend. It can get very touching, and overall the anime is not that bad.

And to stick one in for my little sister:
Those Who Hunt Elves. It shares a sense of humor similar to Sorceror Hunters: a group of people that often get tied up in some weird shit and have issues amongst one another. In TWHE's case: a sports player, an actress, a tank operator, an Elf that screwed up a spell, and a possessed tank describe that Motley Crue of a group. Why do they hunt Elves? Simple: strip 'em for runes to a critical spell. I'm sure you can figure out the rest (and no, it is not a hentai). It made me laugh.

I started watching New Fist Of The North Star...and didn't get too far. Everything about it annoyed me. I dunno why. Just watch the original series. It's well worth your time.

It's prequel (which was made much later), Fist Of Blue Legend, isn't bad. What sucks is that I can't find anything other than the first episode out there...

Iczer is on DVD? Wow. I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

Female Number of posts : 88
Job : Me? A job? Are you kidding?
Hobbies : Never being here :P
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008, 7:02 pm

evilReiko wrote:

* Martin Mystery (I missed no episode of this anime. it's so great, and so funny too)

* Knights of Earth (click the title to view to a short video. this is the arabic title Razz , I don't know the original title of the anime. internationally, this anime is not famous, but the graphics, the story, and the action are really damn fantastic! i used to watched it and even recorded it because it looks so much like Valis, even the story itself look so much like Valis. You wouldn't believe that in the end of the series, the protagonists are killed by the antagonist!)

...Martin Mystery was not an anime, I do beleive it was by the same people who made Totally Spies. Just Americans trying to succeed in imitation. So many people think Avatar is an anime, and that Hi HI Puffy Ami Yumi is because it's about Japanese ppl, but...Those two are the ones I let slide...Because Avatar is kind of cool.

Thanks for spoining the end of a series and making watching it totally pointless. No one likes that. My cousin always did that. Yes, the cousin I always rant about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1531359/TheoneandonlyKaorin
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

Hobbies : Game collecting, writing, reading, and quietly being a general nuisance.

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008, 11:36 pm

TurboYuko16 wrote:
Thanks for spoining the end of a series and making watching it totally pointless. No one likes that.

Now, now. Twas a simple mistake, no need to get all sarcastic.

That's my job.

Oh, and I think you mean "spoiling." Unless "spoining" is some sort of slang I am unaware of. In that case, that's my bad... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

Male Number of posts : 1050
Hobbies : Escape..

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008, 5:48 am

TurboYuko16 wrote:
...Martin Mystery was not an anime, I do beleive it was by the same people who made Totally Spies. Just Americans trying to succeed in imitation. So many people think Avatar is an anime, and that Hi HI Puffy Ami Yumi is because it's about Japanese ppl, but...Those two are the ones I let slide...Because Avatar is kind of cool.

I know that Martin Mystery is an american attemp to make anime, but I think it's very nice happy unlike Totally Spies and Team Galaxy there were children cartoons, IMO heh-heh

TurboYuko16 wrote:
Thanks for spoining the end of a series and making watching it totally pointless. No one likes that. My cousin always did that. Yes, the cousin I always rant about.

my mistake heh heh
in fact, that's not the final ending happy

I was watching this anime because the hero boy looks so much like Reiko chu and the sword he has is so powerful just like Valis XD

oh.. I found the name of this anime, called Shin Hakkenden. I tried so much to find the episodes online, but... sad
if anyone could find it, please let me know happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilreiko.com/
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008, 9:44 pm

Yes, I mean spoiling. No one likes a smart arse, love. (I'm always quoting books...Forgiveth me....)

Actually, I never watched Martin mystery. I did watch Totally Spies, because it was kind of funny. But I stopped when they completly ruined Alex's voice. Her voice went from tomboy to really awful girly. So there I realized that it's not only Japanese dubs America does that to...For a comparison to how bad a change it was, see the change between Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo's original OVA 1 and 2 voice to her VA Mona Marshall in OVA 3. That and the changing of Tenchi's voice (which some say is the same person just sounding stupid, much like the dub voice for Sailor Uranus in S was good compared to her voice in the movies....Pretty sure it's the same VA.) Mihoshi's voice was also changed, poor people who didn't like her first voice...It got worse.
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008, 10:12 pm

Ugh, and I tried so hard not to sound like a smart arse...

Yeah, I heard about the VA change from OVA 2 to OVA 3. Sad, because I thought Ryoko's old english voice was one of the more memorable voices in Tenchi Muyo.

Can't really say much good about Sailor Moon though (I speak of Dic's localization, mind you). I hated the show when it aired on Toonami, and I hate it even more now that I've seen the Japanese version (which actually had its funny parts) Still, though, it's slightly better than the terrible dreck that is THE WINX CLUB (I feel sick just typing it).
Back to top Go down
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 6:45 pm

...I do not fathom how seeing the Japanese version makes you hate it more....You're just one of those Sailor-haters, and that's ok. I actually only care about season S and Stars because the aren't as comedy based as the rest. However, I do recommend the Sailormoon abridged series, SMA by Megami33 on youtube. It's the only time I watch the old episodes. If you are judging the series based on Classic or R, that may be the problem. As for SS....I don't care much for it...Even though the VA that does Chibi-Usa (minimoon to dubbies)in SS is a DJ whose song "the real sugar baby" is funny. And that IS her real voice.
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008, 1:02 am

You may be right about that, but I'm judging the series (AMERICAN VERSION) by what I've seen of the Original story arc, R story arcs, and the S story arc (Usa- I mean "Serena's" VA was ear-rending. And don't get me started on Uranus.) Plus, the cheesy dialogue in the english version I found to be quite sad (maybe because the localization people dumbed down the dialogue for seven year old girls or something. And for goodness sakes, IT'S A MEATBUN, NOT A FREAKING DONUT! They very much exist outside of Japan, thank you). Oh, and whoever sings the english version of Moonlight Densetsu (Sailor Moon OP) cannot sing. Or make up decent replacement lyrics. Whatever, I'm not too much of a fan of those types of Magical Shojo anime/manga (although they are fun to parody).

Oh, by the way, I think the Japanese version is decent. Not the best anime in the world, but the only reason why it makes me hate the english version more is that its a far superior version to the crap localization we got. There's a reason Sailor Moon took off in Japan, France, and other parts of the world, and yet didn't seem to find as much popularity in the states (mind you it was still sorta popular here, but not AS popular like in other places). I hate Dic with a passion now.
Back to top Go down
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008, 4:43 pm

Oh, I thought you meant hate it more in general. The VAs that are good are (and they're only good because these are the ones I grew up with, to hear these characters with a different english voice would kill me.)
Most movie voices, except for Uranus, Pluto, and Chibi-Usa. If Ami or Luna did not sound british, I think I'd cry. I mean, if dub Ami and Luna don't sound british, then it's just not dub Ami and Luna. I like Chibi-Usa's (well, Rini's since we're talking dub) VA in SuperS, because it makes her sound less wimpy and obnoxious. Pluto's voice, no matter what the Eng.VA she's had in the series, is awful. You can make all the senshi valley girls except the outers. Because that is just a crime. I like her voice, but not for her. Hotaru's voice...It could be better, but it's the lesser of the evils. But if they EVER even TWEAK Jupiter's voice...They are dead. You know, it's odd for someone who likes Valis to hate Sailormoon. They are very similar, if you take the comedy out of the latter. There are actually some major dramatic scenes in Sailormoon. And you can't say that Valis is far from a Magical-girl anime, with the whole seemingly-normal-teenage-girl-who-really-has-superpowers-and-save-stuff thing. Give Mars' Mercury's hair color. Instant Yuko. Then look At Saturn. Turn her hair red. This senshi, which means soldier which is more similarity, turns evil. Even though the end results are different, that is very similar to someone...
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008, 1:07 am

How could a Valis fanboy hate Sailor Moon?

1.Valis is an old game. I'm a vintage gamer. Sailor Moon had video games too (only in Japan and France), but they weren't as good.
2.I grew up hating Sailor Moon. It's kinda like nostalgia, only with hate.
3.Almost every guy in Sailor Moon is portrayed as either a sissy prick or a sissy prick serving a demented female overlord.
(Distant) 4.Fanservice in Valis. The bishojo transformation scenes do not count for various reasons, mostly because the english versions do not have them, unless you have the unedited dvds.
5.Valis doesn't try to shove educational stuff down your throat after every episode. The Japanese Sailor Moon doesn't do this, which is another reason why I respect it.
6.Yuko doesn't have a sissy prick love interest who throws roses and wears a suit and top hat.
7.The focus on THE POWER OF LOVE is kinda blown out of proportion. There's a reason why Final Fantasy VIII failed with a good portion of Square fans.
8.Magical Swords are better than Magical toy batons and holy grails.
9.Yeah, the localization on both series were sub-par, but at least they didn't try to hide the fact that Yuko Ahso was Japanese (They could've renamed her something more American, like Jessica or something).
and finally...
10.Repetitive episode structure in the shows. Extraneous real-life issues presented, monster-thing comes in to screw everything up, sailor scouts prove their uselessness, Usagi (I refuse to call her Serena) comes in to own everyone with her special attack whose pronunciation is stretched over about a third of the episode (MOOOOOOOOOON TIAAAAAAAARAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIC!!!!!111 btw: that's three words used to throw a freaking tiara), more real-life talky talk, credits roll.

Yeah, Sailor Moon honestly isn't that bad of a Magical Shojo anime/manga (it was one of the first, after all). I just hate the english version with a passion.
Back to top Go down
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008, 5:40 pm

A lot of your other things delt with mostly the EV...Which nobody likes...Except for dubbies, and those poor little people who don't even know what anime is.
1. SAilor Moon is a classic. I like the classics. As for video games...True heh-heh
2. I grew up loving Sailormoon. I didn't see the sub until I was in the 9th grade. SO therefore I can't say I hate the EV, since there's the old nostalgia. Some parts of it I do hate, but some things I'd nver change.
3. Yes, all the dudes in that anime are tools, or complete idiots. Or just weird. Some however, you pity their Tool-ness, like Nephlite for example. Dude, I just realized thanks to you...There are virtually no guys who re the main boss...Zirconia doesn't count cuz he's really a woman in the sub. But even then, Nelehenia was behind Zirc, so again, doesn't count more. And The alien guy from the first movie doesn't count, since he was pretty much brainwashed by that flower-chick. And the best dudes in the whole series are really chicks (well, crossdressers in the manga...) and that leaves, *gasp* Tuxie as the guy who has to represent the male species...And we'll talk about him in a bit. Wow...Sailor moon is sexist....Against GUYS....Well, in most anime, the chicks take the secondary roles, and Sailormoon, as well as Valis, was a variation from the norm.
4. Distant? Huh? Haruka? XD Anyways, Yes, I have the unedited S season. The manga does a lot more, like random nudity. Of course, the nudity in SM is not just fanservice....It's sybolic. More on that later...a lot later...it's deep shiznit. Oh, have you ever heard of DE-transformation? Yeah. Like transforming, but becoming RANDOMLY NEKKID CUZ YOU WUZ BEATED UP.
5. This is why you should watch SMA bu Megami33. Because no one likes Sailor Says. Except for the Sailormoon-watching child's parents. But it's great to parody.
6. ...Does she even HAVE a love interest? She certainly doesn't need one, she doesn't need anyone watching HER back...And we definately don't need another Tuxie...Although, atleast hhe's good for the ecosystem and environment, unlike say, SuperSaiyans who rather aren't. XD (NOT dising DBZ, Although I HATED that show when I first swa it...And then I saw Trunks...And then that changed.) And yes, Tux sucks. He's more useless than Usagi! I don't see how throwing a rose and saying an inspriational word or two makes a diff. Well, Unless you count as a distraction. It's be funny if when he threw it, the bad guys would be like "WTF? Oh no you didn't! Yo' tuxedo @ss is goin' down!" and then, then Sailormoon could attack and kill the thing. Preferably after the thing gives Tuxie a good beating, cuz he's lame. And Link thought he had it bad with Zelda...The funny thing is, is that when it gets serious, it's not Usagi who gets kidnapped, possesed, killed, it's him! And she actually does much more than saying some fancy words. Sure, he risks his life for her, but when she risks her life for his, she's also risking her life for the world. WHen he's there, Sailormoon is hardly in any danger, and faces little crisis. But when She puts her butt on the line for him, then we see how much he's kind of "holding her back" so to speak. Think about it. Some of the most dramatic and best moments were when she didn't have him to depend on, and she had to do things herself. And she still pulled though. Perhaps if Naoko Takeuchi had given him better powers. Oh, given him ANY, he has none. The only time has has is when he is with Usagi. I think he could have been a much better character if the author had taken the time to develop his powers. When thre's no villains to destroy, and things are "normal" he's as cool as the rest of them. (save for the outers, no one's as cool as the outers. But compared to the others when its time for battle, he just doesn't have what they do. He deserves our pity, really...I mean, He is more useless than Mercury, and that is about as useless as you can get.
7. That is mostly the EV. But that song, from the EV 1st movie, does have a nice guitar solo....
8. But then we can't make any Monty Python references. Oh, And there is a magical sword. Uranus had one. And it's sparkly!!! Extemely Happy
9. Luck Hotaru...The one with the most Japanse sounding name....It was ok for Minako to be shrotedned to Mina, they actually did that once in a while in the JV. Setsuna to Trista? I don't see it...And Michiru to Michelle was nicely done. Haruka to Amara is okay, it can be either a guy or girl name, meaning something about love. As for Makoto, that is the name of a very nice Japanese restaurant and the name Lita isn't bad. Usagi to Serena wasn't a bad call, although it made an obvious connection to Serinity. And as for Chibi Usa to Rini, That's ok. Except when she says "I'm rini, rhymes with teeny, and then it's bad. And Mini-Moon is an ok think, direct translation. Something that was rarely done! And as for rei and Ami, they got to pretty much keep their names, except poor Ami got her last name switched during the EV series. I think Tuxie might have to...And as for his name, I actually like it, since I had a friend with a similar name during kindergarten, and after my parents split up I wnet ot a diff school, and then in second grade I was sent back bacesue they thout I was "uncontrollable". Well, the people there in that program of the school were so much worse. It didn't take them long to realize I didn't belong there. But before that, at the playgroung, all my old friends cornered me and wer inquisiting me as to why i left and why I told no one where I was going. I tried to explain but instead of understanding, they pinned me against a chainlink fence and used me as a punching bag. Then he comes and tells them off, not knowing it was me they had cornered. H ehad to be my personal body guard for the time I was there...Those girls were like vultures...But that's why I like Tux's name...And like Tux, that guy was a protector. Albeit a better one. Sorry for that story....
10. I do have to agree with you on that...The entire "I-always-have-to-shout-the-name-of-my-attack" thing, but that is prevalent in a lot of anime.
11. WHAT?! I have an eleven? YES! There is one thing that you didn't mention, but. like your 10, is prevalent in a lot of anime. "I am wearing a costume to disguise my real identity, even though it is obvious who I am..." But...Even Superman was guilty of this....
12. No flippin WAY! Yes! ONE MORE!! What could be considered one of the worsts....Mostly about the EV....The awful censoring of stuff, stuff that is REAL. That eventually kids will see in real life. DEATH. HOMOSEXUALITY. RELIGION. You can't shelter children until they leave home. Cuz 5then, what a shock they would get, that the world is not picture perfect, everything is not a lovely cup of tea. Sure death was mostly toned waaaay down in the dic dub. You kind of can't do anything about it in S....After the other companies got it, it was better. It's so funny to see people who re dubbies to say "THERE ARE NO QUEERS IN SAILORMOON". Hah hah... Well, Michiru, why don't you ask your mirror who's the queerest of them all? Oh, yeah. You and Haruka. OMG, LIKEZ, AMARA AND MICHELLE ARE LIKES SO TOTALLY NOT LESBOS, THEY ARE COUSINS, PERVERT!" how many times do I hear that? A lot. Seriously...I can understand taking out that, but making them cousins hand it still being blatantly obvious to guess? THAT is just STUPID! and because of that, one of the best episodes, the one on how they met, was changed. And the lesser known couple, Zoicite (a MAN!) annd um...Kunzite/Malachite. Poor guy got his lover turned itno a girl AND his name changed for no reason! And what's funny is Zirconia, who is not a queer, got her gender changed. And then become a parody of Yoda. And the Amazon Trio, The Tiger, Fish, and Hawk, they were very queerish. Namely the fish, Whose gender was changed. I think that's it, except for that one episode...but those chicks werein only one ep...And Religion...America claims to be "one nation under God,"but they can't have those nasty forieners have a TV show that has elements of Christianity. But there their own shows can. Sure, one could say that Sailormoon is balsphemous with her being the "messaih" and all that, but what was the problem with the holy grail? No one got mad monty python!
13. The fan has thought of more things than the not fan! This is one of the most annoying, and that's attack and name inconsistancies.
Sorry, I though I'd add my two cents in to that. And truth be told, I agree on a lot of points. lol ANd if it weren't for the awful lame stuff, Megami33's SMA wouldn't be as funny. Check it out on youtube sometime. You'll see the anime in a whole different light. Satisfaction guaranteed, and if there was any money involved, you'd get it back but there's not...XD
Back to top Go down
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 3:12 am

...and here I am debating whether to throw out "Martin Mystery and Totally Spies were French/Canadian shows."

Has anyone seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? Studio Gainax wins. Again.
Back to top Go down
iannafei
iannafei

Female Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 2:52 am

Just wanted to address some stuff:

Quote :
1.Valis is an old game. I'm a vintage gamer. Sailor Moon had video games too (only in Japan and France), but they weren't as good.

Actually, in America, there was the 3D Adventures of Sailor Moon, but it is more of a "Multimedia Experience" than a game. Anyway, from the looks of it, it doesn't seem really exciting, plus it seems to be aimed more for little girls rather than Sailor Moon fans (although there seems to be profiles on the Inner Senshi on there). Here is a website with info on it: http://sailorvgame.org/mg/au/3dadv.htm

However, as far as the Japanese games conserned, I thought the Classic and R beat-em-ups for the SFC were not bad (although I kind of like the fan-made versions of them better), The "Hearts" and the "Balloon" puzzle games for the SFC were good too. However, I thought the best of them was Sailor Moon: Another Story. I played a fan-translation version of it, and I thought it was a good RPG.

Quote :
2.I grew up hating Sailor Moon. It's kinda like nostalgia, only with hate.
Quote :
2. I grew up loving Sailormoon. I didn't see the sub until I was in the 9th grade. SO therefore I can't say I hate the EV, since there's the old nostalgia. Some parts of it I do hate, but some things I'd nver change

Of course, everyone has the right to their own tastes. ::Shrugs::
Anyway, I first started watching Sailor Moon with the dub. At the time, I didn't know about all the changes and what-not, but I liked the series just the same. I think the first time I learned there was some (ahem) alterations when I read an issue of Animerica. I later learned more about the changes through my buddies on the old AOL "Japanimation Station" Sailor Moon message board (which we affectionally knew it as the "Moonboard") and the Sailor Moon FAQ (which can be found here: http://www.rahul.net/arromdee/). It wasn't until later I actually got ahold of/watched uncut fansubs...and much much later that I acquired American commercial copies of the uncut versions of the classic and S seasons.

Anyway, despite all the...well..."travesties" of the U.S. dub, I owe it for getting me into watching Sailor Moon (not to mention reading the manga version, as well as watching the live action version). Besides...the American version could have been worse!

Quote :
3.Almost every guy in Sailor Moon is portrayed as either a sissy prick or a sissy prick serving a demented female overlord.

Well, Wiseman was a male leader (okay, he's actually sort of a phantom-sort of thing...but he once was male ^^Wink. Pharoh 90...well...you don't really see what exactly it is, but it wasn't exactly male OR female. And Galaxia had mostly female servants (the Animates).

Then there was also the Starlights (...umm...well...they're really female,but in the anime...uhh...nevermind. ^^; )

Anyway, I believe the creator of Sailor Moon wanted to portray women as stronger characters than the males since in most anime/manga, it is the reverse (males being the lead while females are the supporting).

Quote :
4.Fanservice in Valis. The bishojo transformation scenes do not count for various reasons, mostly because the english versions do not have them, unless you have the unedited dvds.

Well, I do remember the Uranus De-transformation scene in S (although you only see her from the backside, which she goes from Sailor Fuku->no clothes->regular clothes). There were a few bathing scenes in the series and other instances where the nudity was used for symbolic purposes (like TurboYuko16 mentioned).

Quote :
5.Valis doesn't try to shove educational stuff down your throat after every episode. The Japanese Sailor Moon doesn't do this, which is another reason why I respect it.

Well, the main purpose of the whole "Sailor Says" thing was basically to fit the whole "educational value" requirement that the American TV Stations, the FCC, or whomever decides these things have for children shows. After all, we can't have the kiddies watch something where they don't learn something. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
6.Yuko doesn't have a sissy prick love interest who throws roses and wears a suit and top hat.

In Tux's (sort of) defense, he was certainly more than a "tuxedo-wearing guy who tosses roses to distract the YotD (that Youma of the Day for short), give the senshi some words of encouragement, and then leave" type guy in the manga. He actually had some powers, and was actually pretty important in the SuperS arc of the mana.

Quote :
7.The focus on THE POWER OF LOVE is kinda blown out of proportion. There's a reason why Final Fantasy VIII failed with a good portion of Square fans.

Well, Sailor Moon isn't exactly just about the "Power of Love". It is about love, loss, death, reincarnation, sacrifice, growing up, learning how to be independent, learning the strength of bonds and how to love someone unconditionally...that's basically all themes I can think of right now.

Besides, what's wrong with a show about love? Besides, Sailor Moon is an anime aimed more for the shoujo/female audience.

Quote :
8.Magical Swords are better than Magical toy batons and holy grails.

Again, as TurboYuko16 has pointed out, Uranus has a sword. Also to note, Saturn has a glaive. Oh...and in the live action series...Sailor Moon gets a sword too.

Quote :
9.Yeah, the localization on both series were sub-par, but at least they didn't try to hide the fact that Yuko Ahso was Japanese (They could've renamed her something more American, like Jessica or something).

True, they did Americanize most of the senshi (except for Hotaru) in the NA version of anime (although some of the other countries have changed the senshi's names as well). However, other than that, they haven't really tried to hide the fact that the sailors are Japanese (I do believe they did make some references that they were in Japan).

Besides, in the American manga, the Outers, the Starlights, and Chibi Chibi had kept their Japanese names (although the reason could be that someone didn't pick up at least the S and SuperS season of the anime at the point the manga was translated, but still, they could've came up with their OWN names).

Quote :
10.Repetitive episode structure in the shows. Extraneous real-life issues presented, monster-thing comes in to screw everything up, sailor scouts prove their uselessness, Usagi (I refuse to call her Serena) comes in to own everyone with her special attack whose pronunciation is stretched over about a third of the episode (MOOOOOOOOOON TIAAAAAAAARAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIC!!!!!111 btw: that's three words used to throw a freaking tiara), more real-life talky talk, credits roll.

I can't recall which episodes off hand, but I do believe there have been points where some of the senshi have finished off YotDs on their own without requiring Moon to use her powers to defeat it. Plus, as far as the "Boss" enemies conserned, Sailor Moon needs to draw upon THEIR strength in order to defeat them!

As far as the repetitiveness...that is common for most anime television series. Many series have "filler episodes": episodes that are not essential to the main plot, but made to "fill-in" between "plot" episodes so that the manga that the series is based on could catch up or other reasons. Series also have "stock footage", which is footage commonly used over and over for cost/animation reasons (like the transformation sequences of Sailor Moon). And the whole telegraphing the names of attacks...again, that is a common thing for anime too. Basically for "dramatic effect", y'know. Wink

Quote :
11. WHAT?! I have an eleven? YES! There is one thing that you didn't mention, but. like your 10, is prevalent in a lot of anime. "I am wearing a costume to disguise my real identity, even though it is obvious who I am..." But...Even Superman was guilty of this....

LOL! So true.
Yeah, in the anime and manga versions of Sailor Moon, the girls virtually look the same in both normal and sailor forms (although perhaps to non-senshi eyes...they might seem different). In Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon AKA the Live Action Sailor Moon though, the Sailors look like normal Japanese teens in their civillian forms, but in their Sailor forms, they look quite different (ie. what they basically look like in the manga/anime versions).

Quote :
12. No flippin WAY! Yes! ONE MORE!! What could be considered one of the worsts....Mostly about the EV....The awful censoring of stuff, stuff that is REAL.

Heh...I can go on and on on how violence is deemed more or less "okay" on American t.v., but sex and nudity is a no no, which is hypocritical. Of course, I don't really feel like ranting about that and boring you guys. ^^;

Uranus and Neptune...while they might be "cousins" in the NA dub, they certainly seem a bit, well...close for cousins. I mean, despite the changes they've made to the dialog, they did keep in visual references of their closeness (like the hand touching scene). Oh, and as an old fellow Moonboardie had pointed out, how many people paint their cousins wearing really sheer dresses? XD

And religion, I do agree that they shouldn't have censored it. I don't get why they changed the whole grail/messiah thing when you hear things mentioned in American movies.

As far as the theme of death, again, I do agree about the ridiculousness of censoring it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just thought I give my own take on this. ^^;

Last edited by iannafei on Sat 27 Dec 2008, 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to correct URL errors)
Back to top Go down
http://mvgaea.livejournal.com
HeromanX
HeromanX

Male Number of posts : 181
Job : Legendary Bum
Hobbies : Gaming, Guild Leading
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 12:59 pm

iannafei wrote:
Anyway, despite all the...well..."travesties" of the U.S. dub, I owe it for getting me into watching Sailor Moon (not to mention reading the manga version, as well as watching the live action version). Besides...the American version could have been worse!

I suffered watching that because I'm an anime fan, not because I'm masochistic (but the latter may or may not be true). I think I might've even died a bit inside and grew some more respect for the *coughhackwheeze* American Sailor Moon and for the series in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2ch.net
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 1:10 pm

I think we should make a Sailor Moon topic in the anime section, if there isn't already one. But someone else do that, at the moment, I have things to catch up on...Sorry I was gone for a few days....
Back to top Go down
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2009, 1:47 am

I found some Slam Dunk DVDs, for cheap, this weekend at Comicon.

It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
ZeLoz (akaBill)
ZeLoz (akaBill)

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2009, 5:34 pm

Sorry for the whole Sailor Moon rant with TurboYuko. My otaku side got the better of me...

Now, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... that show's some of the best anime I've seen in a while. I must get the DVDs...
Back to top Go down
Zalure
Daydreaming Soldier
Zalure

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2009, 11:41 am

Zalure wrote:
My list:

Sailor Moon
Excel Saga
Slayers
Galaxy Angel
Project A-ko
Magic Knight Rayearth
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Pani Poni Dash!
Mahoromatic
Stratos 4
Kiddy Grade
Gunslinger Girl
Bubblegum Crisis
Chibi Vampire Karin
Tenjho Tenge
Blood+
s-CRY-ed
Trinity Blood
Neon Genesis Evangelion

...and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Need to update this by adding a few more.

Fate/Stay Night
Code Geass
Rozen Maiden
Elfen Lied
Higurashi
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2009, 5:48 pm

I watched Slayers and Scryed just a couple of months ago. I didn't like them fear

on the contrary, Evangelion is the best anime I've ever watched happy

also, I would say that Elfen Lied is even better than Evangelion if it didn't contain nudity eyegouge
Back to top Go down
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009, 8:38 pm

evilReiko wrote:
on the contrary, Evangelion is the best anime I've ever watched happy

Have you seen the Evangelion "Rebuild"?

It's a re-telling of the series in 4 movies. I'm friends with 2 really big Eva fans and they've been talking about it non-stop.
Back to top Go down
evilReiko
Dark Valis Soldier
evilReiko

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 2:55 am

"Rebuild"? No I haven't seen it fear
is this new? has it been released?
I watched only the original series and Evangelion: Death & Rebirth

btw, I saw this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRB2woVxcQ4
but was it released? I've been waiting for this for too long bounce
Back to top Go down
The Red Spectra
The Red Spectra

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 1:48 am

evilReiko wrote:
"Rebuild"? No I haven't seen it fear
is this new? has it been released?
I watched only the original series and Evangelion: Death & Rebirth

btw, I saw this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRB2woVxcQ4
but was it released? I've been waiting for this for too long bounce

As awesome as that trailer is...it's fan made.

However, there is an Eva Live Action movie that has been in the works for a few years. Supposedly, (I read this like, 3 years ago or something) the movie is to be released in 2012. I haven't heard anything new about it recently.

I recently picked up Azumanga Daioh. It's so cute and funny.

I've been watching Katekyo Hitman REBORN again online via www.animefreak.tv. My brother found this site a while back. Kudos to him! I've also reconnected with Vision of Escaflowne. It's such an awesome show. Highly recommended if you've never seen it.
Back to top Go down
TurboYuko16
Vecanti Soldier
TurboYuko16

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2009, 10:39 pm

Azumanga Daioh is epic. I kind of see my personality as a combination of the characters, excluding Chiyo-chan. Although...My dad always used to say I'd grow up to be a prodigy...But I was much nicer as a child.
Anyways...Wouldn't it be great if Sakaki was in a Valis-style armor? Can't help but think what Kaorin's reaction to that would be...XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unforgottable fav anime ever   unforgottable fav anime ever - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

unforgottable fav anime ever
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next